- Also Known As
- Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber (Full Title)
- Number of Players
- Adventure, Platformer
- Release Date
- 10th Sep 2007 (USA)
- 12th Oct 2007 (UK/EU)
- 9th Aug 2007 (JPN)
Wii U eShop
- 23rd Jul 2015, $9.99 (USA)
- 6th Aug 2015, £8.99 (UK/EU)
- Donkey Kong
- Official Site
Wii U eShop / DS
Aping the King of Swing
What do you get when you throw away an established series' playbook and try for something new? You get DK: Jungle Climber. Unlike previous entries in the venerable Donkey Kong franchise, DK: Jungle Climber takes a fresh look at the series by focusing on swinging and timing more than precise platforming. The problem? It gets...
You spin me right round baby right round...
It's time to spin, swing, and fling yourself into adventure with DK: Jungle Climber! Using the game's simple controls, players take control of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong as they journey throughout the land trying to assist a talking banana known as Xananab. For you see, the evil King K. Rool stole five...
About The Game
Get back into the swing of things as Donkey Kong goes vertical.
- King K. Rool is up to no good again, and it's up to Donkey Kong to swing into action. Using the same simple control scheme that made the DK: King of Swing Game Boy Advance SP game so accessible and fun to play, players of all skill levels can swing and climb to new heights made possible by the dual screens of Nintendo DS.
- Not only does Adventure mode feature Diddy Kong as a sub-character, but players can look forward to new moves, new items and a bunch of mini-games sure to make them go bananas. Not only that, but fun tutorials that ease new players into the game also can be accessed as mini-game challenges.
- If players are more in the mood to rumble, they can take on up to three pals in fun multiplayer challenges using DS Download Play and the DS Local Area Network. They can pick from Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong or Funky Kong, and let the monkey business begin.