Forums

Topic: What the Heck is this?

Posts 21 to 29 of 29

Sneaker13

Axoloth wrote:

What, they were advertising for Dante's Inferno? How the heck is anyone supposed to understand that?
What was the message with this advertising anyway? Was it some sort how ironic let's-make-fun-of-the-Wii-and-religious-people thing? I don't get it
Besides, if this really is an advertisement for Dante's Inferno, I must say it kinda backfired; I'm not so sure I want the game anymore now...
The ad would be funnier if it was a real game made by a very religious game developer or something.

And yes, I'm pretty sure that it was supposed to be the Wii they were playing. I mean, "We pray"? Bad pun, anyone?
Also, that cross had the black image sensor thing on the top like the Wiimote has. (It could be coincidences though, but I doubt it.)

If you visit the site mentioned in the trailer and press on the Pre-Order button, you are directed to the site of Dante's Inferno.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

LEGEND_MARIOID

aaarrrgghhhh!!!

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

Axoloth

Sneaker13 wrote:

If you visit the site mentioned in the trailer and press on the Pre-Order button, you are directed to the site of Dante's Inferno.

So... They made a trailer that would make sure that anyone who's the type to buy Dante's Inferno wouldn't visit the site mentioned or try to preorder this "We pray" game, and therefore never be redirected to Dante’s Inferno’s site ? Then how would that attract customers?
And if someone for some reason would actually want to buy this game, they would be greeted by "ROFLOMG WE TROLL YOU! THIS ISN'T A GAME WERE YOU PRAY; IT'S A GAME WHERE YOU GO TO HELL AND KILL STUFF LOL!!!11"

I still don't get it.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

Ren

Yeah, it's a clever ad, though. It's supposed to be cheeky and poking fun at what many "hardcore" gamers that like 'M'-rated games think of Wii users. It's not meant to please Wii fans, it's meant to be linked around and talked about and it sure worked on N-life and other gaming sites where those gamers go. I'm not interested in Dante's, myself, but I'm sure they've grabbed some young cynical consumers with it.

Ren

Axoloth

Still, these cynical consumers would have to enter the site and click on the preorder link to be directed to Dante's Inferno's site. Why would they click on the preorder button of a game they didn't want unless they already knew it leads to Dante's Inferno's site?
If they already knew this and still visited the site, saw the trailer and clicked on the link and then decided "wow, that trailer was so true that I really want this game nao", they must be very cynical indeed.

Axoloth

Wikipedia wrote:

A viral marketing campaign was also launched featuring a website and ad for a fake religious game called "Mass: We Pray." When attempting to order the game, the website deems you a heretic and plays to a trailer for Dante's Inferno, as well as providing links to the related Facebook app.

Wat.
This is confusing me more and more Untitled

The_Fox

Maybe it's just me, but I think it would have made more sense if partway through the We Pray video there was an abrupt segue into a Dante's Inferno trailer. Kind of a rickroll type scenario (Dante-rolled?) But then again, it's EA.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Stuffgamer1

@Axoloth: I agree, the "logic" behind EA's decision to use this marketing is VERY confusing. More accurately, I think they're all a bunch of morons.

@The Fox: I agree, it WOULD make more sense that way! Hadn't thought of it before...

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.