Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 15,210

CaviarMeths

What we actually ended up getting is so much more visually interesting than that tech demo.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

Nicolai wrote:

I still say it looks like Link got a spray tan before his HD début.

That's just the lighting. Link was various shades of yellow most of the way through Twilight Princess too;

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

kkslider5552000

I'm somewhat indifferent to the visuals in either. Both look good but aren't something I would gush about. The actual game has the advantage of us not having seen it for over a year so the end product will likely look better than what we saw.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haru17

SpookyMeths wrote:

What we actually ended up getting is so much more visually interesting than that tech demo.

Yeah, but a well thought-out art style is always going to beat a misappropriated, old art style used out-of-context in a 2-minute demo.

I really do love the watercolor anime-like character designs, but I am worried about the enemy designs. If these big-nosed guys;

Untitled

are our new moblins for the rest of the decade then I'm going to be very disappointed. I'm still waiting on Nintendo to make a not stupid-looking enemy design post-Skyward Sword.

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

I'm still waiting on Nintendo to make a not stupid-looking enemy design post-Skyward Sword.

Kind of misleading here. You say "still" like there have been several games in the interim. But 2D games aren't on your radar, so what has displeased you since Skyward Sword?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

SpookyMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I'm still waiting on Nintendo to make a not stupid-looking enemy design post-Skyward Sword.

Kind of misleading here. You say "still" like there have been several games in the interim. But 2D games aren't on your radar, so what has displeased you since Skyward Sword?

While I never really love 2D games, that doesn't mean ALBW didn't have totally grody, slimy early 3D, NSMB-like enemy designs.

Blast

That Zelda Wii U tech demo looks frigging amazing to me. Everything about it screams, "Flashy and superb." I want Zelda NX to be flashy like that but fix Link's appearance. Use something similar to his Hyrule Warriors model.

The actual Zelda Wii U game looks pretty dang good too. Link has Gerudo patterns on his cloak which hopefully means he lives in a village full of Gerudo women and Eiji Aonuma appears to be determined to make this the "ultimate" Zelda experience (even though that's arguably impossible at this point). Basically, things are hopeful for Zelda U. All we need is a mind blowing trailer to reaffirm our confidence in the game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Morpheel wrote:

Apparetly a new icon for Twilight Princess exists within the eShop's data.

?!?!?!?!?!? A Twilight Princess remake?!?!?1 NOOOO!!!!! NOT NOW!!!! Please no!!!!!!! I can already imagine the war in comment sections of articles!!! This is bad timing!!! Save a Twilight Princess remake for NX! Please not for Wii U and 3DS! It's just bad timing!!! No, no, no.... Please don't be true....

Master of the Hype Train

-Green-

Morpheel wrote:

Oh yeah, I heard about that. Sounds interesting.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Tyranexx

Blast wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

?!?!?!?!?!? A Twilight Princess remake?!?!?1 NOOOO!!!!! NOT NOW!!!! Please no!!!!!!! I can already imagine the war in comment sections of articles!!! This is bad timing!!! Save a Twilight Princess remake for NX! Please not for Wii U and 3DS! It's just bad timing!!! No, no, no.... Please don't be true....

This. I personally feel that it's too soon for a TP remake. Besides, I would kinda hope that FSA shows up on either the Wii U VC (provided it starts getting GCN games) or as a remake before TP; it's really about the only Zelda title I don't have access to at this point, lol.

...Unless that alleged icon may be proof of the Wii game coming to the Wii U eshop. THAT I could live with.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Blast

Trinexx wrote:

Blast wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

This. I personally feel that it's too soon for a TP remake. Besides, I would kinda hope that FSA shows up on either the Wii U VC (provided it starts getting GCN games) or as a remake before TP; it's really about the only Zelda title I don't have access to at this point, lol.

...Unless that alleged icon may be proof of the Wii game coming to the Wii U eshop. THAT I could live with.

It says "Twilight Princess HD" with a new icon in Wii U's Eshop data... So this is most likely very true.... Just, why?! I love Twilight Princess but a HD remake right now??? What about the many other Nintendo games that deserve HD treatment? Why is Zelda remakes taking up all the spotlight and development? I'm torn because I just know the backlash is gonna be huge when this gets announced. Nintendo is gonna is slammed with criticism...

Master of the Hype Train

Hendesu

Twilight Princess HD? It seems like Nintendo is going down the Square Enix road with their constant-but-good-HD-remasters.
Untitled

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Nicolai

Blast wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

If this is true, then they'll have remade every single 3D Zelda game before SS between SS's release and Zelda U's release. Seems a bit excessive on the remakes to me.

@Haru17: I still say he's tanner. I'm a the-dress-is-white-and-gold kinda guy.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

Trinexx wrote:

This. I personally feel that it's too soon for a TP remake.

I mean, it's not too soon; it's been a while. It's just that this is either 1: A rushed NX stopgap or 2: A 'Zelda U is delayed again' stopgap; neither of which is good.

For Twilight Princess HD to get the time and attention to detail it deserves—demands—it would probably need to be mid next generation. That game needs higher quality audio and some remastered tracks and textures for the 'HD' to mean anything. Granted, the Wii U gamepad would probably be a good solution for having both the motion aiming controls and button combat controls.

Edited on by Haru17

Eel

What if it's a preorder bonus for buying Zelda U (and later a separate download you can buy). Would the internet be OK with that?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

What if it's a preorder bonus for buying Zelda U (and later a separate download you can buy). Would the internet be OK with that?

No because then it'll be a trash port.

Edited on by Haru17

Blast

Morpheel wrote:

Great idea but I don't see that happening. I'm a huge Twilight Princess fan. Heck, you guys see me pounding my chest about that game's awesome combat and other things in this thread. But a Twilight Princess HD remake??? No, man. I was hoping for Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors 2 AND Zelda NX to happen for Nintendo NX. But its looking like Wii U is grabbing Twilight Princess. Does Nintendo not think any of their OTHER first party games deserves a freaking HD remake?!

Master of the Hype Train

Tyranexx

Haru17 wrote:

I mean, it's not too soon; it's been a while. It's just that this is either 1: A rushed NX stopgap or 2: A 'Zelda U is delayed again' stopgap; neither of which is good.

For Twilight Princess HD to get the time and attention to detail it deserves—demands—it would probably need to be mid next generation. That game needs higher quality audio and some remastered tracks and textures for the 'HD' to mean anything. Granted, the Wii U gamepad would probably be a good solution for having both the motion aiming controls and button combat controls.

Those are part of my misgivings, that it'll be a rushed port. I feel that TP would benefit from at least a Hero Mode to up the difficulty a bit; it was my first Zelda game, so I want it to be treated well.

By "too soon", I'm in agreement with Blast. I think an HD remake for TP should wait until the NX.

Edit: I just had a random thought, but what are the chances of Zelda U being related in some way to Twilight Princess? It wouldn't necessarily have to be a prequel or sequel.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TuVictus

I'd prefer a full remake than an HD remaster, honestly. And yeah, I'd prefer them waiting until later in the NX's life. But still, I can't say I wouldn't buy the HD remake. It seems like the kind of thing that would be a surprise release the day of a Nintendo direct. If it has gamepad integration, I'd get it.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic