Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 15,210

Eel

Lana and Cia were more or less quick by-the-book Mary Sues made for the sake of having some original input in the story.

I like Lana better though. Those constant fake laughs of Cia make me cringe.

Also... I wonder what was their original name. Cialana? lanacia? Andalusia?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

Grumblevolcano wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Lana is so bland it's not even funny. Cia was ok as a villain.

Of course I disagree (see my avatar) but out of interest did you play the Master Quest DLC's story missions ("Cia's Tale"). To me that largely improves Cia's character.

I started them yes. Cia is definitely developing there. Lana on the other hand could disappear and it would only improve the game

Even though my favorite chapter involved Ganondorf taking the Triforce from her through sheer brute force. I just don't like her at all

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

Nicolai wrote:

It's possible that StarFox could turn out to be a bigger game than we thought, but I doubt it. How long has it been in development? A year? Less than a year? Had they even started working on the game last E3, or was that blurry game Miyamoto was playing just a tech demo using upscaled StarFox 64 stuff?

Might be worth your while to check out this thread.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

Nicolai wrote:

It's possible that StarFox could turn out to be a bigger game than we thought, but I doubt it. How long has it been in development? A year? Less than a year? Had they even started working on the game last E3, or was that blurry game Miyamoto was playing just a tech demo using upscaled StarFox 64 stuff?
Untitled

My money is on Next Level's game. It's a good sized studio, and by the end of this year, it will have had about 3 years for development.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Nicolai

CaviarMeths wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

That was a lot of information! Was Nintendolife not covering any of those interviews, or did I just miss them?

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

shingi_70

Nicolai wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Most of that information came from interviews close to E3 or during interviews on other games, Stuff like the episodic nature of the game was discussed for a while in the star fox thread last year.

That was a lot of information! Was Nintendolife not covering any of those interviews, or did I just miss them?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MsJubilee

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I hope Cia and Lana are in Zelda U.

...why?

I think they are cool...

I'd rather see original characters...

They are original,but very boring characters. But for some reason i would like to hyrule warriors Ganondorf in the new Zelda,cause wow!His design is awesome!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

crimsoncavalier

Blast wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Maybe they make Yoshi's Wooly World their big Christmas game?

While it may not make nearly as big of a buzz amongst the core fanbase as Zelda or Xenoblade would, it's still something most of them would at least be interested in, and it would have way more appeal to the rest of the potential market than Xenoblade, and probably even Star Fox, as it's Mario related. Mario Maker may fit here as well.

That's the problem with Zelda U being delayed. Zelda U had the biggest reach. Yoshi WW and Kirby are just seen as Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker games. Just another cute game by Nintendo. Xenoblade is so incredibly niche. Wii U doesn't have PS4's skill to market niche games. PS4's Bloodborne is very niche but is selling well. Starfox U needs to be a huge game to even be considered as a holiday game. Devil's 3rd is Bayonetta 2 all over again. Mario Maker doesn't have much reach either unless Mega Man and Sonic appear.

I seriously doubt X is going to be as niche as Xenoblade was. XB had the misfortune of already being a niche game in a niche genre, but also only being released in Japan. Once it came out in NA, no one had heard of it, so it didn't sell well. But X does not have those issues. First, everyone knows about it because everyone knows about XB now. Everyone knows about XB know because it ended up being not only the best RPG in years, but because Nintendo struck gold with it and Shulk in Smash Bros..

Add to the fact that, for better or worse, a high-profile game like Final Fantasy XV appears to be taking some XB elements and adding them to their own game (and that people are actually talking about that), and that's plenty of marketing right there.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Henmii

"Does anyone think that a new 3DS Zelda Title will come out before Zelda U at this point?"

Would be cool, maybe even this year. Hopefully something totally new, with a new overworld. And what if they released a very shiny, top-down Zelda on Wii u this year (maybe even with pixels)? Very unlikely though, but it could be sweet.

Henmii

CaviarMeths

@crimsoncavalier I dunno if it's fair to say that Xenoblade didn't sell well in NA. Gamestop only printed 500k copies, and I'm pretty sure it had nearly a 100% sell through rate. That's pretty good for a system on its last legs. Hell, that makes it one of the most successful console JPRGs in NA last gen. Think only FFXIII/XIII-2 has it beat.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

Operation Rainfall made XB more or less popular, or they at least contributed to its popularity.

I think XCX will sell in good numbers

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

MorphMarron wrote:

Lana and Cia were more or less quick by-the-book Mary Sues made for the sake of having some original input in the story.

I like Lana better though. Those constant fake laughs of Cia make me cringe.

Also... I wonder what was their original name. Cialana? lanacia? Andalusia?

It pisses me off that they made 2 awful OCs instead of actually paying homage to the series. I mean, they didn't do that for Dragon Quest because more Japanese people like Dragon Quest. This favoritism junk just irks me, so I don't see why Nintendo should honor their paper-thin Hatsune Miku clones.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eel

Well, if you think about it, Cia-Lana was nothing more than a fan girl that got too much power.

Her OCs and fanfics got out of control and she put the entire universe in peril because of that.

It's more or less what would happen if they accepted fan input to make the games.

If that was their intention, then it's a really nifty concept.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

MorphMarron wrote:

Well, if you think about it, Cia-Lana was nothing more than a fan girl that got too much power.

Her OCs and fanfics got out of control and she put the entire universe in peril because of that.

If that was their intention, then it's a really nifty concept.

It's got nothing on the Elder Scroll's games meta-conceit that the reason those protagonists have the power they do is because they are aware that they are in a different reality (ie; they are they player). Any way, Cia craving Link's bod is so trope-y I'm not even going to explain it. I just don't see why Nintendo can't make better characters. We know they can, like with Midna, The King of Hyrule, and all of the character development in Majora's Mask.

CaviarMeths

Link's harem is vast and varied. Lana and Cia were drops in the bucket.

Untitled

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Untitled

SO TRUE

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Untitled

You can blame Ocarina for that; I'd be shocked if it wasn't part dating sim at one point in time. It's structured exactly like that, with one girl for each dungeon element, with Darunia being either the bromance or yaoi option, depending on your inclination. That said, TWW, TP, and SS did add a good 2 waifus each.

Edited on by Haru17

LzWinky

And Nabooru was uh...hitting on his child self

CaviarMeths

TingLz wrote:

And Nabooru was uh...hitting on his child self

Sort of. She says "I'll do something great for you," which is pretty vague. Teaching a spell or giving a cool item is something great. It doesn't become more clear what she meant until Link is an adult she gives him the Spirit Medallion and says something like "If I had known you would grow into such a handsome man, I would have kept my promise."

She'll have to take a number though. There's a bit of a line.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic