Forums

Topic: Waiting For OoT to download onto my wii (I have never played it before)

Posts 21 to 26 of 26

NotEnoughGolds

StarFox wrote:

I don't think the D-pad is too small. Besides, I'm only using it for NES games mostly. The Classic Controller would be too awkward for NES games.

How so? Because the buttons are slanted?

NotEnoughGolds

Bassman_Q

Well, the C left is mapped onto the Y button, C right mapped onto the X button, and C down mapped onto the Z button, so... laying with the Classic Controller wasn't bad at all.

I too played it for the first time on the Wii VC, and its one helluva game. My second fav Zelda game, and my third fav game of all time. I'll admit that I got lost a few times, and used a walkthrough a few times, like in the Shadow Temple and beating the octorok inside Jabu-Jabu's belly. But yeah try your best to not use a walkthrough.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Rensch

I prefer the Wii Remote for NES games because it has a slightly more clicky feel to it.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I uze the controler that's the closest to the original.

The remote has the same layout as the NES controler, so I uze it for NES games.
The classic controler is designed to resemble an SNES controler, so I uze it for SNES games. For Genesis, it's the closest.
The Gamecube controler heavily resembles the N64 controler, so I uze it for N64 games.

I know "uze" isn't a word. I'm a silly spelling reformist.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Willy105

madgear wrote:

I really disliked this when first got it as had absolutely no idea where to go or what to do. Hours and hours of wandering around not knowing what to do isn't much fun. I think I'll give it another go after I've finished Link to the Past, though - I think I'm getting more used to how Zelda games play now.

A Link to the Past is A LOT more confusing than the 3D Zelda games. Because in the 3D Zelda games you have a sense of position and location and orientation in a 3D space.

Willy105

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.