Forums

Topic: The OUYA – A New $99 Open Game Console

Posts 241 to 246 of 246

AlexSays

As of recently, I did not not envision this doing well.

There's very little appeal for most consumers, and there's practically no way of knowing what the heck it is without following gaming sites. That demographic isn't large enough to purchase any worthwhile amount of systems, therefore there's not much sense in developing for it when there are other easy platforms out there.

It seems as if this will be a fad or hip thing to have amongst a very small crowd, and in a year or two we'll never hear about it ever again.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AlexSays

AlexSays wrote:

If I need a well thought out syllogism each time I point out someone's naivety on this site, I may fly through keyboards faster than Lohan goes through liquor bottles. lol

lmao I love reading through some of my old posts

AlexSays

MAB

Yeah a work mate got one and I can say from experience that it isn't very good. Controller lag was terrible and is a massive deal breaker for a gaming console... Especially nowadays

MAB

shingi_70

Even in their Marketing they have to show another controller and an illegal rom.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

Sony_70 wrote:

The second next gen console launches today in the form of OYUA.

Please. If you are going to count OUYA as a next gen system you might as count PCs as a next gen system.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

retired_account

I think this sums up the console and the state of things pretty well.

Untitled

Uhrman's obnoxious style of sales pitching has also really put me off. If this thing survives long enough to see a revision and get its issues resolved I might consider one again, but for now it looks like one big nightmare that I want to stay far away from.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.