Other Gaming Forum

Topic: 360 Next Update = Mad Customers Possibly

Showing 21 to 33 of 33

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

21. Posted:

I beat Fable on the XBOX like 4 times lol. Yeah not owning a 360 sucks sometimes. Especially missing out on Fable 2. I did have one up until Halo 3. Actually the last ring of death happened the day we got Mass Effect. I played most the great games on 360 up until then cause we didnt have a PS3. I bought a PS3 soon after that it was the 4th RROD with Uncharted and was hooked :) Im really hating Im not playin Shodow Complex and Banjo lol. I just dont have the time for two systems anymore now that Im married.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

22. Posted:

WhoKnew wrote:

Yes, because we all know Microsoft can make great games. PS360 ain't got nothing on Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Bros. Wii, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Other M, Monster Hunter, Zelda Wii, Pikmin 3, and all the other awesome wii games coming soon and already out.

And for each of those you could find equally excellent Xbox 360 and PS3 games to counter those with.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

23. Posted:

The+Fox wrote:

WhoKnew wrote:

Yes, because we all know Microsoft can make great games. PS360 ain't got nothing on Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Bros. Wii, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Other M, Monster Hunter, Zelda Wii, Pikmin 3, and all the other awesome wii games coming soon and already out.

And for each of those you could find equally excellent Xbox 360 and PS3 games to counter those with.

You could find more.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

24. Posted:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/700161/Why-Microsofts-Disab...

That is Microsofts Offical Statment released today if anyone is interested. DarkG had this one nailed down ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

25. Posted:

The+Fox wrote:

WhoKnew wrote:

Yes, because we all know Microsoft can make great games. PS360 ain't got nothing on Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Bros. Wii, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Other M, Monster Hunter, Zelda Wii, Pikmin 3, and all the other awesome wii games coming soon and already out.

And for each of those you could find equally excellent Xbox 360 and PS3 games to counter those with.

Maybe for PS3, but 360 barely has any exclusives to compete with. Most of the great 360 games are on PS3 or the PC.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkG

26. Posted:

WhoKnew wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

WhoKnew wrote:

Yes, because we all know Microsoft can make great games. PS360 ain't got nothing on Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Bros. Wii, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Other M, Monster Hunter, Zelda Wii, Pikmin 3, and all the other awesome wii games coming soon and already out.

And for each of those you could find equally excellent Xbox 360 and PS3 games to counter those with.

Maybe for PS3, but 360 barely has any exclusives to compete with. Most of the great 360 games are on PS3 or the PC.

That couldn't be more incorrect... except with the PC statement, which is pretty much Microsoft's second plattform (Games for Windows - LIVE specially....),, that's also yet another reason why they don't care about being in the portable market with a console... they already have 2 markets...

Since I don't want to repeat myself with another thread here, a small example: Left 4 Dead series is exclusive to Microsoft plattforms, it's a Windows and Xbox 360 only game... as well as Left 4 Dead 2... The Orange Box was meant exclusive as well (and it pretty much is... that crappy EA port is barely acceptable compared to VALVe's releases...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

27. Posted:

@DarkG.... yeah Valve definately isn't big on dev on PS3 platform. Actually from everything Ive read they have no intention to release anything on the system again. I really don't like the guys attitude to be honest. I really enjoyed the games, especially Team Fortress 2 and Portal but the way the guy rants about PS3 kinda ticks me off.

@WhoKnew... 360 doesn't by far suck. There are a LOT of great games on the system that you dont see on the PS3. Left 4 Dead, Crackdown, Mass Effect.... heck that right there is enought to warrant enough exclusives to own the system.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkG

28. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

@DarkG.... yeah Valve definately isn't big on dev on PS3 platform. Actually from everything Ive read they have no intention to release anything on the system again. I really don't like the guys attitude to be honest. I really enjoyed the games, especially Team Fortress 2 and Portal but the way the guy rants about PS3 kinda ticks me off.

Correction, they have never released anything on the PS3... EA convinced (and almost certainly paid for, since they aren't easy to convince lol) to develop and release a port of The Orange Box on PS3... EA made the port entirely by themselves, VALVe didn't help them at all, and they aren't even getting any TF2 updates now or in the future... the Xbox 360 TF2 update is being held up because VALVe wants to add the same amount of achievements and lots of gamerscore with it, but to do that, they would have to charge, and they don't want to... plus, they want a big update rather than small 1-by-1 updates like on PC...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

29. Posted:

@ DarkG and Slapshot: But if you look at the entire 360 exclusive list, There aren't as many as the PS3 and Wii list. The better version of Left 4 Dead is on the PC anyway, so I don't need a 360 to play that game. Crackdown is just a GTA clone, and I could care less about Mass Effect(don't play RPG's).

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkG

30. Posted:

WhoKnew wrote:

Crackdown is just a GTA clone, and I could care less about Mass Effect(don't play RPG's).

That proves you have only watched videos of those games, but never played them at all lol.

Crackdown and GTA are very different, they only share the setting: a City overrun by Crime, and the fact that they are Sandbox games... gameplay is completely different, GTA has never been near as good as Crackdown is... Crackdown is a lot of fun, and with the Getting Busy pack it just gets better.

I haven't played more than a couple of minutes of Mass Effect, but it's not a normal RPG by any means... can't say much since I haven't played through them completely, but it's awesome so far.

The Xbox 360 exclusives list is quite good, and as extensive or even more extensive than the PS3 list (not considering unreleased games or re-releases, that would be just a matter of who can lie and repackage the most lol).

And Left 4 Dead is exactly the same on both Windows and Xbox 360... since it uses VALVe's Steam, it has free DLC on PC, and paid on 360 (because it adds achievements and gamerscore, if it was just an update without achievements it could've been free)

Edited on by DarkG

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

31. Posted:

@whoknew:
It's irrelevant whether or not you care about Mass Effect since you're talking about games on the system, not games on the system YOU like. It recieved acclaim from critics and gamers alike, and that's good enough.

Oh, and you're wrong about Crackdown being a GTA clone. It may appear to be, but I'd lump it closer to Mercenaries. It's also terribly underappreciated.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

32. Posted:

Crackdown is phenominal. Jumping hundreds of feet in the air spraying bullets, falling straight down cracking the pavement to pieces......cars flying in the air. Little XP pieces flying to you for you kills. Yeah Crackdown is NO GTA clone ;)

Mass Effect is a game that alone is worth the price of admission on the X360. Its right up there with Knight of the Old Republic and if you havent played it you really should. I was only able to put a couple ten hours into it, but man was it awesome. Looking like it will eventually hit the PS3 as the sequel has already been rated. I hope so.

@DarkG..... I didnt know EA did that but it doesn't suprise me at all. I really enjoyed the original Half Life and 2 is great as well. I love shooting the saw blades around that is awesome. Its cool if they enjoy developing for Microsoft, I just dont like how they trash talked about how hard it is to develop on PS3 and it is impossible to do it right when after playin Uncharted 2 its obvious that the system can push graphics/gameplay like never seen before.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

33. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

WhoKnew wrote:

Crackdown is just a GTA clone, and I could care less about Mass Effect(don't play RPG's).

That proves you have only watched videos of those games, but never played them at all lol.

Crackdown and GTA are very different, they only share the setting: a City overrun by Crime, and the fact that they are Sandbox games... gameplay is completely different, GTA has never been near as good as Crackdown is... Crackdown is a lot of fun, and with the Getting Busy pack it just gets better.

I haven't played more than a couple of minutes of Mass Effect, but it's not a normal RPG by any means... can't say much since I haven't played through them completely, but it's awesome so far.

The Xbox 360 exclusives list is quite good, and as extensive or even more extensive than the PS3 list (not considering unreleased games or re-releases, that would be just a matter of who can lie and repackage the most lol).

And Left 4 Dead is exactly the same on both Windows and Xbox 360... since it uses VALVe's Steam, it has free DLC on PC, and paid on 360 (because it adds achievements and gamerscore, if it was just an update without achievements it could've been free)

Played Crackdown. First thing I thought was Grand Theft Auto. Like I said could care less about Mass Effect.

The 360 barely has enough interesting games for me to have one. Extensive is really not the word to describe it.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture