Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 11,401

Belexes

Is there anywhere in the world to get the Mega Man Legacy Collection physical for both both 1 + 2? Meaning the original Mega Man series set to release on 5/22. Not the X/Rockman games. For those, I am getting both 1 and 2 Japanese physicals from Play Asia.

Belexes

Paraka

So FINALLY got around to updating the omnibus, and lordy does May add a TON of games onto the list. Almost all of March and April's releases combined rival it. Anyway, here's one quick look at the list, lemma know if I missed a few.

SIDENOTE: I updated this not knowing Little Nightmares may been canned for a NA release. adding it to my release list purchases in Play-Asia and seeing if it is forced out there as well. Blade Strangers is still overlooked in my list (pretend it's not there for now).

Untitled

Also; I would like to take a vote of how people feel about the actual Labo box arts. Deciding on when I got time to make custom box art for the EU and JP imports to fall in line with their NA counterparts, and thinking of adding the Labo in as well.

On another note, figured to update my personal checklist.

Untitled

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Sawyoudown

@paraka I think wild guns is missing? Unless I can’t see it. Also hope you got that family stuff sorted out brother

Edited on by Sawyoudown

Sawyoudown

Paraka

@Sawyoudown - You're right it is missing (just saved that file so I can add it soon). I had to update it (as I do monthly... usually) for the passed 3 months, so I figured a few will be overlooked. Will see if I got everything that I missed before uploading a new one.

Paraka

twelvestar

Belexes wrote:

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Noodles5666 wrote:

Belexes wrote:

Is Little Nightmares a Game Stop exclusive? Not seeing it on Amazon or Best Buy. May 18th release date.

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/little-nightma...

Not a big GS fan, but if that is the only place to get it....

Just recieved a call from my GS about Little Nightmares. It was cancelled physically, and will only be on eShop.

Just got the same call. I’m really bummed about this. I was looking forward to little nightmares more than any other game coming out in a while. Hopefully they will revisit it at some point. Really odd to cancel it so close to its release

Still available here, but I imagine this will disappear:
https://www.play-asia.com/little-nightmares-complete-edition/...

I emailed Bandai Customer Service earlier asking if this was a permanent cancellation of a physical release or if they are just pushing back the NA release. Will let everyone know when (or if) they respond.

twelvestar

Belexes

MrCIB wrote:

@Belexes No

Thank you. Dang, I was hoping for a work around in some region that would be releasing both physicals like with the X series.

Belexes

SpaceAce13

twelvestar wrote:

Belexes wrote:

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Noodles5666 wrote:

Belexes wrote:

Is Little Nightmares a Game Stop exclusive? Not seeing it on Amazon or Best Buy. May 18th release date.

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/little-nightma...

Not a big GS fan, but if that is the only place to get it....

Just recieved a call from my GS about Little Nightmares. It was cancelled physically, and will only be on eShop.

Just got the same call. I’m really bummed about this. I was looking forward to little nightmares more than any other game coming out in a while. Hopefully they will revisit it at some point. Really odd to cancel it so close to its release

Still available here, but I imagine this will disappear:
https://www.play-asia.com/little-nightmares-complete-edition/...

I emailed Bandai Customer Service earlier asking if this was a permanent cancellation of a physical release or if they are just pushing back the NA release. Will let everyone know when (or if) they respond.

Was wondering that myself, would appreciate the update. Thanks!

SpaceAce13

Tobiaku

Looks like Nekopara will be out 21. June. Any news at all about a retail release?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Magician

tobibra wrote:

Looks like Nekopara will be out 21. June. Any news at all about a retail release?

I doubt it. Most visual novels are eShop-only releases.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

hirokun

This owlboy LE is going to kill me. It better not just pop up for sale randomly on a random storefront no one knows about. Something also tells me they will screw it up and not limit it to 1 per customer too. We can only wait and get more details, but after getting screwed by enough game releases I feel a foreboding doom will mar this LE.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

SpaceAce13

hirokun wrote:

This owlboy LE is going to kill me. It better not just pop up for sale randomly on a random storefront no one knows about. Something also tells me they will screw it up and not limit it to 1 per customer too. We can only wait and get more details, but after getting screwed by enough game releases I feel a foreboding doom will mar this LE.

I really hope they give people enough of a heads up to prepare for the release. I really want this special edition

SpaceAce13

hirokun

@SpaceAce13 same. I've been waiting for an excuse to buy this game. I thought the switch was the perfect console, and planned to get the physical release, but now with an LE? Better bet I'm going to try for one. "more details" I hope is a 1 week heads up of when it will go live and where to buy it at the least. At best I can hope for an exact time stamp for it to go live, and details on 1 per customer.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Sawyoudown

Do you guys open your collectors edition and limited release games or keep them sealed? I don’t really plan on selling any of mine so figured I might aswell open them to enjoy them

Edited on by Sawyoudown

Sawyoudown

Magician

Sawyoudown wrote:

Do you guys open your collectors edition and limited release games or keep them sealed? I don’t really plan on selling any of mine so figured I might aswell open them to enjoy them

It depends. Personally, if the treasure box/collectors/deluxe/premium/limited/special edition is released the same day as the eShop and the standard version, then yeah I'll open mine since it'll be the only copy of the game I have. But these days we are living in a time where a bunch of smaller publishers (Limited Run Games), mid-tier publishers (THQ Nordic), and self-publishing developers (Arc System Works) exist. I've bought quite a few eShop games, only to regret the purchase when that game gets a physical release afterwards.

In those cases, the previously bought eShop-game-now-physical release will remain sealed when I double dip for the physical version.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Belexes

Steamworld Dig 2 NA now delayed until June 19th.

Belexes

Sawyoudown

@Magician That is a good point. The only game I haven't opened out of my 70ish games is binding of Isaac launch edition because i ended up getting the second print first. I definitely see myself opening Thimbleweed Park, Merc kings and flinthook special editions when they get here though!

Sawyoudown

Paraka

@Sawyoudown - I do. Unless I somehow know I will benefit from reselling I just simply do not enjoy a game unless I am playing them or viewing and displaying the contents.

I am very picky about my collection. Standard variants get the collection complete cause I simply want to play them, horrible or not.

Artbooks are a surefire way to get me to buy a CE of anything. Hell kept me involved with WoW for a while now.

Paraka

SpaceAce13

Sawyoudown wrote:

I buy to play, so I open mine. Only CE I haven’t opened so far is retro city rampage, and that’s mostly because I just haven’t gotten around to playing it yet

SpaceAce13

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic