Forums

Topic: Switch 2023 Year-In-Review

Posts 21 to 32 of 32

gcunit

@Wolfleaf There is no shame here. No judgement. Only love and understanding.

NOW TELL US YOUR ****ING NUMBERS!!!

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

541 games played
664 hours played

9th Dawn III
The Witcher III
Chaos;Head Noah
Dragon Quest Treasures
Arcade Paradise

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FishyS

Top games:

• Rogue Legacy 2: 29 hours
  • Super Mario Wonder: 23 hours
  • Super Mario Maker 2: 22 hours

125 games played. I didn't buy a ton of games this year so a lot of those were demos or me dipping back into various games.

I apparently played 56% action games.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Sisilly_G

The total number of hours is actually quite embarrassing, but here's my top 20...

1. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
2. Pokémon Legends Arceus
3. Fire Emblem Engage
4. Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
5. Pokémon Violet
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
7. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX
8. Miitopia
9. Picross S5
10. Pokémon Sword
11. Picross: Lord of the Nazarick
12. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
13. Super Mario Bros. Wonder
14. Pokémon Shield
15. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
16. Doraemon: Nobita's Brain Exercise Adventure
17. Good Pizza, Great Pizza
18. Game Dev Story
19. Pokémon Shining Pearl
20. World Quiz

I also didn't realise how addicted I was/am to Pokémon until seeing these stats.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

gcunit

@Wolfleaf 😲

Good numbers. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to be able to put anything like that into Splatoon.

Just generally, each year when these numbers come round, the main emotion i feel is jealousy. Just makes me want to play every game I have for 1000 hours.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Sisilly_G

@Wolfleaf : Oooof, those Splatoon 3 numbers!

But judging by the modest hours spent on your third most-played game, I think we've both used our Switches for about the same amount of time this year.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Purgatorium

I'm jealous of all your free time.

Purgatorium

FishyS

Sisilly_G wrote:

The total number of hours is actually quite embarrassing, but here's my top 20...

I didn't put my total because this year I thought it was embarrassingly low by this site's standards. 😝 Especially since I played 125 games and a lot of those games were like for an hour or less.

I like the idea of top 20 list, so I decided to look up my top 10 instead of just 3:

1. Rogue Legacy 2
2. Super Mario Bros Wonder
3. Mario Maker 2
4. New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
5. Forager
6. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
7. Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe
8. Pokemon Violet
9. Kitaria Fables
10. Suika Game

I played BotW when FOMO-ing about TotK and New Super when I was impatiently waiting for Wonder. 😝 Also, I have played like 10 more hours of Suika game since the cutoff for the year-in-review data...

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Sisilly_G

FishyS wrote:

I didn't put my total because this year I thought it was embarrassingly low by this site's standards. 😝 Especially since I played 125 games and a lot of those games were like for an hour or less.

I thought mine was embarrassingly high (if the inference wasn't obvious enough). Sure, I've seen crazier... perhaps a lot crazier, but I'm merely judging myself by my own standards.

It seems we've both played a similar number of games, and a lot on the lower end are under 2 hours as well (though some of them are still fairly new and/or multiplayer-focused, which I haven't had much of a chance to dabble in over the last year).

And some games are simply short, and they're nice to have too.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

Purgatorium

Eel wrote:

Purgatorium wrote:

I'm jealous of all your free time.

Show us your numbers

🧐

Well, they ain't much

1. TotK - 219 hours
2. FFVI Pixel Remaster - 20 hours
3. Death's Door - 12 hours

Though these numbers might not be accurate. In TotK the Hero's Path tracks 256 hours and mine started writing over my earliest record, so I must have played over 256 hours.

I'm a teacher and most of those TotK hours were in the summer.

June - 52
July - 57
Aug - 42
Sept - 4
Oct - 5
Nov - 31

In October and November, my nephew (11) kept bugging me about finishing it, so of course I had to dedicate a few off days to getting through it. Show those whippersnappers how to game.

Edited on by Purgatorium

Purgatorium

I-U

I played 24 games for a total of 148 hours. I didn't expect the Switch to dominate my year, but if I had been told at the start of 2023 that I would have less than 150 hours heading towards 2024 I would have thought no way. What happened is that my original Switch started overheating to the point of shutdown right as I began playing 2023's biggest Switch release: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.

Once I had replaced the cooling fan and even got an OLED Switch, ironically the TotK edition, I didn't go back and still have yet to play Tears of the Kingdom beyond the tutorial sky island. Additionally, I'm sitting on Pikmin 4 and Super Mario RPG. Neither game has gotten played yet.

My Top 3 games for the year in order ended up being Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at 45 hours, Metroid Prime Remastered at 40 hours and Super Mario Bros. Wonder at 11 hours. Mario Kart's and Metroid Prime's times are from replays, while Wonder is solely a single run. I was surprised to see Wonder honestly as I thought I had played Ring Fit Adventure more. In terms of original games, Super Mario Bros. Wonder is my Game of the Year, so it's great that it did make the Top 3.

Including every Switch release, Metroid Prime Remastered is definitely my Game of the Year for 2023 on the platform. It has always been amazing, and now it's starting to become inspiring thanks to the Switch. With my recent file, I've been waiting out for Samus's idle animation to kick in to take screenshots of Tallon IV's environments with as little obstruction as possible. The game is absolutely beautiful and it's unfortunate that Retro Studios didn't make a Photo Mode for the release. I think it would be my 2nd favorite Metroid game had they embraced Prime Remastered's visual upgrade in that way.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic