Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 4,508

HobbitGamer

@gcunit IIRC, I used a metal spirit and an assist killer.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@gcunit - That’s an infuriating battle. Any time you’re stuck, it’s probably because you don’t have/aren’t using the right spirits for the job. Some combo of metal, super armor, and assist killer should do the job. That sheriff is the worst though. The spirits you need for an intense battle in WOL are usually found in the vicinity of that battle. As RedderRugfish mentioned, we do some Smashing from time to time. I’m not great at fighters, but I learn something every time. Just let us know if you want to be notified when we set something up.

Edit - A heavy fighter with good recovery such as Bowser or DK help a lot too.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

gcunit

@bimmy-lee @HobbitGamer @HobbitGamer @Arbor @SamusLv7 Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like I need to shelve this fight for now then and come back when I'm tooled up. Glad to see I'm not the only one to struggle with it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Diddy64

@gcunit No problem. I beat it without knowing about the assist trophy bane spirit (I don't remember its name). You can imagine my frustration 😅

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

TheFrenchiestFry

I'm going all in on this prediction/dream even though most of it probably won't come to pass
Challenger Pack 5: Doom Slayer - February 2020

Stage: UAC Facility on Phobos infested with Demons and the BFG 10000 from Eternal in the background
Cameos from famous Doom demons like generic Imps, Mancubus, Revenant, the Cyberdemon, the Archvile and the Baron of Hell from Doom 2016

Music:

DOOM (1993)
At Doom's Gate (Remix)
Suspense
Deimos Anomaly/I Sawed the Demons (Original and Remix)
The Imp's Song (Remix)
Phobos Anomaly
Sinister
Nobody Told Me About id (Remix)

DOOM II: Hell on Earth
Running from Evil (Remix and Original)
Evil Incarnate
Endgame (Remix)
Adrian's Asleep

DOOM 3
Tweaker (Doom 3 main theme)
Hellknight (Remix)
Cyberdeath

Most of Doom 3's music is heavily atmospheric so they don't translate well to Smash

DOOM (2016)
At Doom's Gate
Rip and Tear
Harbinger
BFG Division
Argent Combat
Flesh and Metal
Olivia's DOOM

Spirits:
Archvile
Cyberdemon
Imp
Revenant
Mancubus
Baron of Hell
Doom Marine (Classic look) for Classic Mode
Doom Marine (2016) as the base Fighter Spirit

I still think Doom Marine will come, just not with a lot of this stuff I'm throwing out here

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

DarkSim01

@BlueBlur101 I did a quick moveset for Doom Slayer in another thread. I'll put it below (with a few additions/tweaks). I used to be on the fence with Doom Slayer, as much as I love Doom. But after thinking about them having Bayonetta and Snake, I think it could work. And he's such an iconic character in video game history.

Stance would always have him with his base weapon, the Super Shotgun.
Most of his basic attacks would be standard melees, attacks with the butts of rifles, etc. Neutral attack is a punch, that leads to a three hit combo from 2016, punch, knee strike, punch. Forward tilt and Up tilt would be versions of the melee attack in most FPS's, elbow strike. Down tilt is just a downward kick.

His Delta V Jump Boots with Lateral Thrusters give him an extra mid-air jump, giving him 3 jumps total (like in the 2016 game)

Side Smash: Super Shotgun, and would work a lot like Mega Man’s Mega Buster smash. Full charge would initiate the upgrade "Double Trouble" and get two shots.
Up Smash: Lightning Gun shot upward, multi hit with the final one launching (similar to Samus/Dark Samus Up Smash)
Down Smash: Rocket Launcher shot, straight down causing a big explosion around him. Shrapnel spreads from it, adding range for small hits. He deploys the Shield Wall to protect himself during the explosion

Neutral Special: EMG Mark V pistol. Can be charged for more damage (just like in Doom 2016), similarly to Samus/Dark Samus, but cannot be stored. If you cancel the shot, you have to start the charge over.
Side Special: Chainsaw Glory. He pulls his Chainsaw and dashes forward, like when doing a Glory Kill in Doom 2016. If he connects, he does multiple small hits followed by a final hit with high launch power. The chainsaw only has three uses (the initial fuel limit in the game) per life, indicated in a gauge by the character image at the bottom of the screen. But, if you KO someone with the attack, they drop fuel to refill your gauge.
Up Special: Personal Teleporter. Like in Doom 2016 multiplayer, he throws the device (upward angle) and teleports to the device. Can be aimed slightly, say a 90 degree angle, 45 degrees in either direction, like a V)
Down Special: Frag Grenade/Kinetic Mine. Tap the button to pull the grenade and use like Young Link’s bombs. Hold the button to place a Kinetic Mine (basically a proximity mine, which would work similarly to Isabelle’s down special)

Gimmick: In addition to the Chainsaw fuel gimmick, I would have it so that when he does a grab and throw, he has a 15% chance or so for a food drop, which can be picked up for health. This would be similar to his Glory Kills in 2016 initiating additional item drops.

Final Smash: Of course, the BFG 9000. A charge with a single, wide blast that passes through opponents and launches anyone caught in it. Anyone with other 100% damage is instantly KO'd from the blast.

Also, of course he has a slew of alternate colors with game tie-ins. I would use the minifigures from 2016. The regular Praetor Armor is his default. BlueGuy, RageGuy, OrangeGuy, PinkGuy, WhiteGuy, and GoldGuy would be color swaps, with ClassicGuy as his 8th costume.

DarkSim01

TheFrenchiestFry

I was actually also thinking that one of his last alternates could be a color reference to BJ Blackzowicz because Doom Marine is canonically BJ's great great grandson according to DOOM RPG, Wolfenstein RPG and some mainline titles like Doom 3, Doom 2 and Final Doom.

The armor moveset is almost exactly what I was thinking of. I thought that with the addition of gimmick meters to DLC fighters like Joker's Rebellion Gauge and Hero's Magic Points, Doom Marine could potentially have an Ammo meter that changes in capcity when you cycle between his weapon inventory for his specials.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

DarkSim01

I would love a good Wolfenstein reference in there. At least a spirit or two.

I thought about an ammo gimmick, but I felt it would get too confusing. That's why I focused on getting most of his weapons in the various smashes and specials, while using the fuel gimmick for the chainsaw, with that being his big KO move.

There really is a lot of potential there, and with the addition of the multiplayer exclusive weapons, he could be a cool, balanced character. And equally as important... the music!!!

DarkSim01

Diddy64

Despite the video of today not revealing a last minute surprise, I was impressed by the moves this characters has. I would love if they added custom special moves in the last update, which is probably in update 7.0, as each character comes with an big update (Joker came with update 3.0, if I am not mistaken).

Undergoing games:

MarioVillager92

Looks like the update isn't live yet. I tried updating the game but it says it's up to date. I just backed up my replays and my Switch is in sleep mode so it should download when it's available.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

DarkSim01

I believe the update said it was the 31st for the UK and 30th for NA. I'm thinking it'll be midnight in the UK, which would be 7 PM EST, 4 PM PST.

DarkSim01

MarioVillager92

@DarkSim01 Oh okay, thanks. I'm in the US

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Diddy64

So in 4 hours, 5 minutes. Got it. Since I'm planning to buy a Pro Controller this week, I will buy Hero the next week, if possible. I am on low budget this week 😅

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:

DarkSim01

I'm looking at the calendar and, with the expectation that all DLC fighters from the Fighter Pass will be out by the end of February 2020, the last three fighters will be out in the next 30 weeks.

Piranha Plant was released on a Friday, Joker and Hero on Wednesdays.

If they plan to release them each individually rather than two at the same time, and they evenly space them out, we could see something like:
Banjo-Kazooie - October 9-11
Fighter #4 - December 18-20
Fighter #5 - February 26-28

Putting that on the Nintendo calendar, it would put Banjo-Kazooie between Link's Awakening/Dragon Quest XIS and Luigi's Mansion, Fighter #4 shortly after Pokemon Sword/Shield and Fighter #5 just after Animal Crossing. There are also some popular and anticipated third party and indie games sprinkled in there, some without definitive dates: FIFA, Doom Eternal, Shantae, Super Meat Boy Forever, Final Fantasy Remasters.

Does anyone else think this looks like a viable release schedule?

DarkSim01

Euler

4. New Pokemon.

5. Marianne Williamson.

Euler

HobbitGamer

Tried the online tournament mode quite a few times last night. Quickly realized how trash I am at Omega, No Items. And competitive Smash in general. ☹️

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@graysoncharles Oh, so it’s not just me? I was struggling against a Hero last night with my main man Ridley. I managed to get one KO before I lost the bracket. Without Ridley’s huge recovery and light weight, that match probably would have ended in a good minute.

#MudStrongs

Uncle_Franklin

A few times on Spectate mode the contestants have shown up as blank.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Uncle_Franklin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic