Forums

Topic: Sandisk 512GB Switch branded Micro SD - how to know a fake?

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

SkullDragr

I'm looking to buy one of these cards from someone for $75 which sounds good, but not extremely unreasonable, however I'm always leery about fakes. It's just the card itself, no packaging. Can someone who has one they purchased retail direct me to a photo of the front and back so I can compare?

Thanks.

SkullDragr

My Nintendo: SkullDragr

WoomyNNYes

@SkullDragr If you can't trust it, I say skip it. If you buy from amazon, only buy from pages that have like 40,000, or 100,000 positive reviews.

Sandisk probably has more than one 512 GB micro sd card. They've got speed class U1, U3, and class 10.
Look at the top options in this list of search results. The top three seem legit. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=sandisck+512+gb+micro+sd&tag=d...

This one is $66. Ships from & sold by Amazon. 44,000 reviews
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-512GB-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

SkullDragr

@WoomyNNYes Thanks. Yeah, my usual instinct is to be leery about things I purchase second hand, but I'm pretty good about knowing fakes from real in most cases of items of interest to me. This particular card is the Switch branded Sandisk 512GB, the one with the Animal Crossing leaf on it. I know it makes no difference at all in function, but I feel these hold their value better than the standard Sandisk (collectors enjoy Nintendo branded things) so for $75, I was interested. It's easy to fake the print on one though, I think, just use a cheap Chinese card and print this image on the front, sell for a premium price. I just wanted to see what the real thing looks like back and front to compare.

SkullDragr

SwitchForce

Compare prices with other sizes on Amazon and then you can see how cheap a fake is. Also if the price is too good to be true then it is a fake. It's pretty simple but simple minds will always fall for the fakes. Good one proven time "DO YOUR HOMEWORK*.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

SkullDragr

@SwitchForce Thanks. But again, I already went over that. This isn't $30, it's $75, a good price, but not unreasonably low. I'm simply asking if someone can point me to photos of the front and back of the actual card to compare with.

SkullDragr

SwitchForce

@SkullDragr unless the site shows the backside they would look all similar. If you want a picture front/back that would be from the manufacture that would have that most likely.

SwitchForce

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic