Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 401 to 420 of 2,648

RetroGamerAndrew

@meppi64
And there comes a huge and much needed AMEN... BTW started with Zelda 2 myself, later got back to the first and enjoyed both thoroughly despite being different horses. Guess we had a different mindset back then, different expectations, who knows.

@Fake-E-Lee me too! It's crazy if you think about it, and even more so if I think how much more spare time to play them I had back then as a kid than now as a full-time worker, husband and father. Seasons change

Edited on by RetroGamerAndrew

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@meppi64 I remember the summer of WAVE RACE 64 and MARIO KART 64 well. With a spot of PILOTWINGS 64 and that STAR WARS game (Shadow of the Empire was it?) to mix things up a bit.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

LeoIce

I am here, little boys! =)

My site
Not always the games are bad, the players can also be such;)
Write to me competently and clearly, and then I will not answer you in a not sober state!

AgentLA

@meppi64

I loved Zelda II!! One of my best gaming memories. Very hard game to beat! I was in jr high when it came out and me and a buddy teammed up to share knowledge and get it beaten....1989-1990. The sharing of the gaming experience is as memorable to me as the game itself.

I also love Simon’s Quest.

Yes, times were simpler back then. But I do enjoy modern gaming as well. I’m also buying way too much on the Switch. I do enjoy the packaging, manuals and added bonuses added in the physical form though, so I usually go that route.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

meppi64

Lroy wrote:

@meppi64 I remember the summer of WAVE RACE 64 and MARIO KART 64 well. With a spot of PILOTWINGS 64 and that STAR WARS game (Shadow of the Empire was it?) to mix things up a bit.

Indeed it was.
I took my N64 with me to the beach for 4 or 6 weeks, I don't remember exactly, since the Saturn was CD based, I didn't want to risk it getting damaged moving around a lot.
Days spent at the arcades and on the beach and nights spent playing tons of WaveRace and Mario Kart with friend. Still one of my favourite memories of summertime.

@subpopz That's certainly a part of it as well. Everything was new, well at least when it came to home systems. And that remained the way till in the 16bit era. Mario 2 for us was another great example.
No one even considered it not being a Mario game back then. It was different, played great and everyone was happy.

@Agent721 Simon's Quest was actually my first Castlevania game!
I did play the original at a friends house, but never owned it, nor III till much later.
Such a hard game at the time, yet I loved every second of it.

I was so blown away when I got the new Club Nintendo Magazine with the very first screenshot of the game.
Must have gone over those 4 pages hundreds of times in the 2 months till the next issue came in.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

@meppi64 Loving the magazine images.

AgentLA

@meppi64

Great nostalgia right there! I have a descent collection of early Nintendo Power and Nintendo Fun Club magazines at home and pull them out a few times a year while I’m enjoying some old games. It help makes the experience complete, both in nostalgia and with handy tips and strategies for the games....it’s amazing how much you remember with old games, but also how much you forget.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Eagle9

So, when this thing starts. It's already 8pm here.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Lroy

Eagle9 wrote:

So, when this thing starts. It's already 8pm here.

It starts as advertised. 8PM UK / GMT time. It is currently 6:20pm here.

Eagle9

Ok, forgot what time it's there. Np

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Lroy

Bump

Lroy wrote:

[REVISED] Games Night! (Open to all) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE.

Confirmed to be Racing Tonight, Monday 19th March from 8PM GMT/UK time Until Late:
@Lroy
@RetroGamerAndrew
@OorWullie
@Eagle9
@Meppi64
@Agent721
@Kodos

Maybe @bunkerneath if he isn't too drowsy from wine and food πŸ˜‰

Other possibles: @dashkappei @arthexavier - can't remember if you are in or out, lol!

Alas, we've had a few folk pull out of this evening and I have revised the list of players above. We still have enough of us to have some good fun. Plus we might get some more peeps come forward today and say they'd like to play with us.

I'll load up MK8 DELUXE and create a room for anyone to join from 8PM this evening. Suggest all taking part add my friend code and @oorwullie - that way they can join the room I create and if my Internet plays up for any reason, we can switch to @oorwullie as host. That okay buddy?

Be great to see as many people there as possible, even if you can't make 8pm. Jump in as the evening goes on. Cheers.

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

So in just over an hour's time or so we'll be hosting a MARIO KART 8 DELUXE games night. All are most welcome. See the above post for full details.

Any final folk wanting to join in? We'll be on for a good few hours I suspect.

Lroy

Right-O! The little ones put to bed, wife in the next room working. Cold 🍺 poured. I'm heading online to create the room. Anyone wanting to play MARIO KART 8 DELUXE with a group of us tonight for simple fun feel fee to join from now onwards until late.

Start your engines!

AgentLA

Walking home for lunch, get those engines warmed up!

Lroy

@Kodos [If that is you with me in the room] Grab a drink buddy. Gonna give it a few minutes and see who else is ready for 8pm. Communicating with the little in-game messages and your Mii's chatting is hilarious.

Think @oorwullie is finishing up a match on ROCKET LEAGUE πŸ˜‰

@Agent721 has arrived πŸ‘

Let's see if we can get at least four of us before we begin. Others can then join as we go.

Edited on by Lroy

AgentLA

Im in. Not sure why I’m still listed as Frenchie when I changed my name last week, but that’s alright.

Lroy

Agent721 wrote:

Im in. Not sure why I’m still listed as Frenchie when I changed my name last week, but that’s alright.

Is your Mii labelled with that name?

Kodos

@Lroy Yep that's me. Let's wait some more minutes.

Kodos

Switch Friend Code: SW-3494-2661-0617 | 3DS Friend Code: 3711-8566-2398 | Nintendo Network ID: Kodos82

Lroy

@oorwullie has arrived. Let's get started. Everyone else join when you can πŸ‘

AgentLA

@Lroy

Yup. Is that why it’s showing up?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic