Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,461 to 31,480 of 96,539

BougieBeetle

@ThanosReXXX Well you've got a good 17 years on me! But I'm still older than I've ever been (hooray for truisms!). And thanks for the warm welcome! I appreciate the reassurances that everyone here is cool and on the level. I'll try to keep that in mind.

It's cool that you're also into mindfulness! Got any favorite authors or speakers? Thich Nhat Hanh and Eckhart Tolle really speak to me, personally.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

NintendoByNature

@anti-matter I tried the water trick, and didn't work. Normally it does though. thankfully they just went away šŸ˜Š. Sorry for the late reply.

@Morpheel yea the chimichangas are the fried burritos but typically smaller. Never had a tamale in a torta but I usually get tortas when I go to Mexican restaurants. Chorizo or al pastor. Some times milanesa. Lately I've been fine with some tacos with only cilantro and onion ( little lime too).

In Chicago we have of course, hot dog stands that get pretty creative. For instance, a tamale boat. A bowl of chili with all the fixins and tamales in the bowl. Or a super tamale which is a tamale in a hot dog bun with traditional hot dog toppings on it.

Great now im hungry.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

So... let's see... what did I miss? Scary hiccup adventures, new Switch owners, Mexican food, people butchering the spelling of chimichangas, and lessons in a language that none of us will ever need to speak.

Alrighty then, we're up to speed again...

@NEStalgia My day looks too familiar to you in what way? Do you often sleep away your own free days as well? Or do you often get called out of bed by numbskulls?

And the thing was, that I was SO looking forward to my extra long weekend, and now, it's basically already ruined, because the beginning of it was f-ed up, basically turning it into just another regular weekend...

@BougieBeetle I've read Eckhart Tolle's books, and had The Power of Now and it's companion book for practical use, and now that's just more or less integrated into my daily life and work.

But in this specific case, I actually just meant mindfulness as in being aware of other people on here and not trying to go on some wild tangent to try and extrapolate strange meanings out of their comments, which were never intended as such, which is what creates most of these useless discussions in the first place.

But yeah, Nintendo Life has a pretty decent community, and most, if not all of the good guys and gals hang around here in the Chit-Chat thread, so even if comments sections or other threads get too heated for you, there's always a virtual comfy sofa over here to relax in...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

And now for something completely different:
How the hell do you change the font size of your comment on here?
I've tried dozens of options, and none work, so it's REALLY starting to annoy me at this point.

On a side note:
Nintendo Life should just have options to manipulate/edit text attached to the window that you type your comment in, like most websites I know do. I do seem to recall them having a smiley toolbar in there in the past, but they removed it for whatever reason.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

LuigibrineTheGreat

Something completely different and scary: a tornado missed my town by only 15 miles last night!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Eel

@ThanosReXXX I donā€™t think they want users changing the size of their text, for the same reason they donā€™t have a clunky toolbar above the text box. Aesthetics.

@Andrew_R_2000 better start building up a shelter in case the next one has better aim.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LuigibrineTheGreat

@Morpheel lol. What's more, there are still heavy storms when I'm typing this up, and it's been about 12 hours since then.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Eel

We donā€™t get tornados around here. Must be interesting. In a ā€œit fascinates me but Iā€™m also very scared of it so I donā€™t really want to see itā€ kinda way.

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Besides it not really helping me out, that sounds like a real non-reason. We're not changing any aesthetics of the site, only of our own comments. Except having to do it all manually, isn't just cumbersome, it's also highly archaic. Every site that I know and use, has a text editing toolbar. It's a minimal requirement.

And who says it has to be clunky? You can make it as modern and streamlined as you like.

Luna_110

@Andrew_R_2000
Thatā€™s terrifying. Iā€™ve never seen any up close, and really hope I never do.
Take care out there!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Eel

I actually saw one when I was little, we were visiting one my uncles, one that lives in Texas. All I really remember is that it got very dark outside.

It must've been a small one because it didn't really do much damage, it was over quickly. (From that I remember)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

I've never seen a tornado in person, but I've seen the resulting damage many times. I was once on my way home from work several years ago and was even sent home early due to the forecast. I didn't see anything, but I remember a feeling of dread as the sky turned a sickly yellow-orange color right before I made a turn. The twister that spawned right after I left was weak (EF0) and didn't cause any injuries, but there was some minor property damage.

Due to our weather patterns, much of the US, particularly the Midwest and Plains states, is a hotbed for tornado activity.

Morpheel wrote:

See, tamales are good for you and everyone.

Tamales are friggin' AMAZING. Change my mind.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

I bought a wall mount for my TV, but didn't remove the feet/base it already had because I don't want to lose them... So now my TV looks like it's haunted.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Maaryotyme

@Anti-Matter that ones just in game animation. Itā€™s not real. No wonder you hate 18 rated games and shooters. You must think itā€™s real and follow practice šŸ˜‰

Maaryotyme

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Yeah, I know. In the mean time, I was still kinda hoping that any of you brilliant people might be able to help me out...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic