Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,481 to 31,500 of 96,298

Ninfan

@LuigisCube do you know any UK websites I can buy new zx spectrum games from. I'm in ireland

Ninfan

Tyranexx

I've decided to impose a video game buying ban on myself for the rest of this month and all of next month. I have enough games already and have a couple of short-term things to pay off. Not to mention that both my auto insurance and annual sticker renewals come up next month....

Then I'll get charged in September for Collection of Mana, Link's Awakening, and the new Link amiibo that's releasing at the same time....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Maaryotyme

@Ninfan you won’t find them new but just try eBay if you want original games or just go the emulation route

Maaryotyme

Luna_110

@Tyranexx
No Fire Emblem then?
I’ll probably won’t buy anything else until I finish it - it’s going to wreak havoc on my backlog!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan I was looking for a way to change the font size of part of my comments, so basically, I want to know which html code or command I need to use to achieve that.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX I see I wouldn't know that. These laptop s and programmes can be awful to figure out . Do they really need to be this difficult

Ninfan

Tyranexx

@Luna_110 I definitely want Three Houses - early impressions of the game are promising, though I'm trying to avoid most spoilers - but it'll have to be one I pick up down the road. I sort of feel like I should play the two 3DS FE games that I still have backlogged before considering any other games in the series.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan My point exactly. If it wasn't for an older thread, which I believe doesn't even exist anymore, I wouldn't even have known how to make text bold, italic, underlined (edit: on this site), and so on. All of that has to be done manually, which (in my opinion) is infinitely stupid and archaic.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

I've spent too much recently. My last purchase was crash n sane trilogy and my next will be astral chain. Possibly an indie or two during August. Hopefully only 1 indie 😊

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx I’m holding out for Zelda, then Luigi. Working through my backlog now. But I got Transcendence free the other day because I had one of their other games. So that’s nice. The downside of digital for me has been that I’m actually less likely to finish a game.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

MsJubilee

My goodness, there's so many Marvel movies coming out in the next 2 years. Does Disney or anybody care for quality?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer Zelda was a given for me. I enjoyed Link's Awakening DX on the 3DS VC (grabbed it back in 2012) and fell in love with the new art style they're using. It's high time I revisited the game. Luigi's Mansion 3 is also on my list, but probably also in the "buy later" category.

I'll be sifting through my backlog in the meantime as well. I should probably get even pickier with the RPGs I pick up; they account for over half of my list right now. XD

ThanosReXXX

@RedderRugfish Luckily, the Marvel movies are all of a decent enough quality, that they never fall below the "good" rating...

ThanosReXXX

@Grisinblue I actually like Thor: The Dark World, and for me personally, the third Iron Man movie is by far the worst. Hated the whole butchering of the Mandarin character, but all in all, still relatively entertaining, so that's why I said that none of them ever fall below good, or maybe I should have said "decent".

The Star Wars movies on the other hand, seem to get FAR worse user ratings than any Marvel movie in the recent series of phase 1 - 4 has ever had.

MsJubilee

@RedderRugfish Disney is the Activision of movies with the way they been pumping these movies out.
No wonder they're all the same.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Eel

Don't be too harsh on Disney. They have enough on their plate with the 20 marvel movies, 10 star wars spin offs and 50 live action remakes they're currently making.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Luna_110

Yeah, the new Star Wars trilogy feels like a rehash of the original instead of having a clear idea of where they want to take the series. Like, every director does what they want instead of having a big storyline arc that leads the movies to the grand finale like we saw with the MCU.
That doesn’t mean they’re bad, but every time I see one I get the feeling they’re very short sighted.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

Don't be too harsh on Disney. They have enough on their plate with the 20 marvel movies, 10 star wars spin offs and 50 live action remakes they're currently making.

As much of a Disney fan that I am, this still made me snort. There's a such thing as oversaturation, and they're beginning to approach that point with me and with all of these live action remakes. It's not that any of them aren't decent - I really liked Aladdin for example - but I wish they'd explore something new and different. Or animated....

Edited on by Tyranexx

SheldonRandoms

Disney can handle all of those projects if they just keep buying out studios just to acquire a license they had prior.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

iKhan

I have a feeling that Disney is going to start having too much to handle in the coming decade, especially with Bob Iger's retirement in 2021.

I already have serious doubts about the future of the MCU without a strong character to really drive it forward. The Kevin Feige approach has both pros and cons, and one of the cons is that a whole lot of the movies feel REALLY formulaic. If they keep pushing the same formula without Iron Man or Captain America, I'm not sure they will be able to continue to grab audiences.

Yes I know Iron Man wasn't a big character when his movie came out, but at that point the Marvel formula wasn't something that had been established. Iron Man managed to be a good movie in its own right for it's time, allowing the character to become lead material. I'm not sure they can do that again.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic