Forums

Topic: Games You Feel are Overrated

Posts 481 to 493 of 493

LuckyLand

@Moviefan2k4 In GTA you can beat up random people in general, not just random women. Anyway I think games like this one (I played Vice City) are a good way to relieve anger and stress and are just a fun way to waste some time and relaxe, people know it's just bs what's happening on screen or at least they should know.
I never tried the most recent ones but I heard they take themselves much more seriously than the older ones, and I think this could be far worse. I never played them so I can't have an opinion on them but usually I think it is less acceptable when a game that wants to be taken more seriously gives you the chance to behave this way. But if a game is more ludicrous than realistic it is quite clear that it is not telling you that it is okay to behave this way.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Snaplocket

@LuckyLand I mean I don't think anyone would assume that since you enjoy robbing and beating people up in GTA, that means you like that kinda thing in real life. I'll admit I sometimes get turned on by intense violence in media like Quentin Taratino films or Robocop, but whether it's a game, book, or movie, it's just the cherry on top of an already solid foundation.

Snaplocket

JoakimZ

GTA San Andreas
Portal
Final Fantasy VII
Red Dead Redemption

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Malcrash

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
GTA IV (I cannot stand the driving)
Final Fantasy VII
Earthbound
Undertale (right at its release, seems that the critical reception has died down with that game, hopefully)
Street Fighter IV (I know it is an important game for the fighting game genre, but I just didn't have much fun with it as with previous games, even with my favorite characters making it in)

Edited on by Malcrash

Malcrash

Twitter:

Snaplocket

@Malcrash I see what you mean about Undertale. Obviously, the game still receives high praise whenever it's reviewed but it isn't shoved in your face at every opportunity like before.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Snaplocket

EvilLucario

I really liked Undertale at first, and I still do.

It's not GotY material or a masterpiece though. It's a neat little game that sort of twists some "gamey" stuff we take for granted, but it doesn't do that much with it and overall is very shallow.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

LuckyLand

On Switch, Ironcast and The Mummy Demastered, they got enthusiastic review on this site but I tried them and gave up on them very soon because in my opinion they are just a frustrating mess with absolutely unfair rules and completely unbalanced

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

NaviAndMii

shaneoh wrote:

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

I also can't stand "Grand Theft Auto", which basically tells kids its okay to deal drugs, steal cars, and beat up random women because "its just a game".

Only the really stupid ones think the game is telling them those things are okay.

Deal drugs - cops come after you
Steal cars - cops come after you
Beat up civilians - cops come after you

...if the game teaches anything, it's that the cops will come after you if you break the law!

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 NSW 🎮

Currently Playing (Online): Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 61, CB: A, RM: A, SZ: A, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

subpopz

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

I also can't stand "Grand Theft Auto", which basically tells kids its okay to deal drugs, steal cars, and beat up random women because "its just a game".

Considering the game is rated only for adults, it make more a statement of the parents who allow their kids to play it, especially if they are susceptible into thinking video games represent real life.
But why stop there? Mario teaches them its okay to smash turtles, rip them out of their shells and throw their shells at other animals. Zelda teaches them its okay to waltz into peoples houses uninvited, snoop around and break stuff and also that it's funny to whack chickens with a sword. Mario Kart teaches them that it's okay to throw things at other drivers.
Won't somebody please think of the children!!!

subpopz

Meowpheel

Zelda teaches you it's fun to harm chickens.

Elder Scrolls teaches you it's a punishable offense.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

darkfenrir

@Meowpheel But if you harm chickens in Zelda you'll get destroyed by them!!

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338 | 3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

Meowpheel

Then it's teaching kids they should take justice in their own hands!

That's worse. Probably.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic