Forums

Topic: Charles Martinet, I don't like you.

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

Bankai

akabenjy wrote:

I had a bit of a meltdown in my final exam (English Literature) and considering the exam is worth 50% my D+ brought my score down to a 25 for that subject and even though it was my worst subject it counted towards my overall mark as it is English. It brought my score down to 66 which at the time felt like the end of the world to me. But I got into Uni (granted on a third round offer), studying Business Management, and did really well. I scored almost all Distinctions and High Distinctions and got second class in Honours (writing my thesis was more stressful than anything else I have ever done). So I understand how stressful it is now but all you can do is your best. Remember there are always other paths to University and many people who never go to Uni become very successful and vice versa.

Unless Navi's had a change of heart about what he wants to do after school he will need to get into uni, or it is a very long way around to end up in the same place.

Not that I doubt for a second that he'll get the grades he'll need.

Edited on by Bankai

Aviator

Aww, you're sweet.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

WesCash

Seems like a lot of work for high school. We have no big test like that up in Canada. Basically, if you get decent marks and earn the required number of credits, you should be good for any post-secondary education. Really high marks do help if you are aiming for scholarships or trying to get into a super competitive University. I did pretty damn well in high school but I could have done dropped my average another 10% or so and still ended up where I am now.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Geonjaha

WhiteKnight wrote:

Wheels2050 wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Difficult? Not really. But if you eff it up you can forget about getting a good job. By far the most stressful and important thing you'll ever do in Australia, that exam.

It's important and stressful, yes. Not THE most important and stressful thing, though (even if it feels like that at the time).

I dunno man. I've yet to come across anything that even comes close to the HSC "experience."

Umm...well A-Levels and the IB are generally considered more difficult.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Bankai

Geonjaha wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Wheels2050 wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Difficult? Not really. But if you eff it up you can forget about getting a good job. By far the most stressful and important thing you'll ever do in Australia, that exam.

It's important and stressful, yes. Not THE most important and stressful thing, though (even if it feels like that at the time).

I dunno man. I've yet to come across anything that even comes close to the HSC "experience."

You're not actually trying to claim some weird elitism by saying one country's education system is superiour/ more difficult than another's....

Oh wait. You are.

Geonjaha

WhiteKnight wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Wheels2050 wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

You're not actually trying to claim some weird elitism by saying one country's education system is superiour/ more difficult than another's....

Oh wait. You are.

Wow, calm down - I'm just stating a fact.
You said you've yet to come across anything that comes close to it - I'm just pointing out that there are quite a few.
Try not to take it personally and rip into people for such little things.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Bankai

So you've clearly taken the HSC and are able to compare the experience of studying for each.

I am clearly mistaken then. A person that travels the world doing all the university entrance examinations just to objectively compare them, such as yourself, must be an expert on the subject.

For the record, I said 'In Australia,' not 'on the planet.' even in some hypothetical where you were actually right, we don't have A-levels in Australia.

At least the dude who mentioned the phd bothered to actually keep the discussion as localised as I did.

Edited on by Bankai

Geonjaha

Sigh I dont need to have sat all university entrance exams to know how each is generally regarded in terms of difficulty and qualification. No, I'm not an expert on the subject, and to tell you something as simple as that, I really dont need to be. Try not to feel insulted just because there are higher qualifications out there. There are more difficult qualifications to obtain that neither of us have - I dont get upset just because someone points out their existence. Again - try not to let such little things get to you.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Bankai

Geonjaha wrote:

sigh I dont need to have sat all university entrance exams to know how each is generally regarded in terms of difficulty and qualification. No, I'm not an expert on the subject, and to tell you something as simple as that, I really dont need to be. Try not to feel insulted just because there are higher qualifications out there. There are more difficult qualifications to obtain that neither of us have - I dont get upset just because someone points out their existence.

If you were able to come up with more than 'because I said so' then you'd have something. Anecdotal evidence is virtually worthless for any objective measure. You clearly have no understanding or experience of the HSC. Finally, of course the A-levels have a greater reputation. They're a bigger exam that more people take. But you'll find the HSC is a highly regarded exam by universities all over the world when Australian students apply for overseas study.

All the above makes your 'because I said so/ everyone says so' highly unreliable evidence, so excuse me while I continue to disbelieve you.

In the meantime, let's just all take a moment to think about how someone can take an off-the-cuff comment and turn it into a childish argument about which country is better. That much is impressive work.

As for your constant insinuation that I'm taking it somehow personally - the HSC is completely irrelevant to where I am now, so no. What I do take offence to is the reason you felt the need to make your comment in the first place. For someone who throws a tantrum when someone calls him 'kid,' you're doing a brilliant job proving them right.

And then you try and pass it off with the old dismissive 'don't let it get to you' argument. Don't worry lad, you're not going to make me lose and sleep.

Edited on by Bankai

Geonjaha

Why do you feel the need to make the assumption that someone replying to something you said is throwing tantrums and making childish arguments based on some hatred for a certain country? The IB is taken all over the world.
I never said the HSC was easy, and yes, like many similar qualifications it is difficult - but saying that 'nothing comes close' is a bit of a stretch, for ANY of the qualifications at that level, which is why I posted what I did.
If you really feel the need to get so aggressive over such trivial matters then at least try and keep it to this thread. If you have a problem with my responses in other threads then feel free to reply to them, and to be completely honest when someones argument devolves into who is a 'kid' and who is 'having a tantrum' then you really need to ask yourself who is appearing more childish. Viewing every reply as a personal insult just leads to unnecessary fights and arguments.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

k8sMum

oh, ffs.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

theblackdragon

well, i'm certainly glad we were able to keep this on the topic of CHARLES MARTINET for crying out loud >:/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.