Forums

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 879

SSBbrawler08

I'm inside Victory Road training right now, before I face the Elite Four. Here's my team:

Typhlosion: lvl.45 - Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, Earthquake, Brick Break
Ampharos: lvl.45 - Thunderbolt, Thunder, Signal Beam, Thunder Wave
Nidoqueen: lvl.44 - Earthquake, Ice Beam, Shadow Claw, Poison Jab
Lapras: lvl.44 - Surf, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Confuse Ray
Pidgeot: lvl.43 - Aerial Ace, Fly, U-Turn, Roost

Edited on by SSBbrawler08

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

Eel

SSBbrawler08 wrote:

I'm inside Victory Road training right now, before I face the Elite Four. Here's my team:

much stronger than my team when i reached the same part (see some pages back), you should have no problem with the elite four, just remember to buy some potions and revives... maybe one or two full heals for koga.
The credits are beautiful when the music gets to the end, i think i cried a little from the nostalgia.

edit: i already got the GB sounds, im having a nostalgic attack right now.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GamerZack87

I remember my team of Pokemon during a playthrough many years ago in the original Silver:
TYPHLOSION
SUNFLORA
QUAGSIRE
SKARMORY (man, that was a pain in the a-word to catch!)
GOLEM (I realise that I had two Ground-type Pokemon, but I liked both my QUAGSIRE and GOLEM)
ALAKAZAM SLOWKING (It was a SLOWKING, not an ALAKAZAM! And yes, I know I didn't need QUAGSIRE in the party, but I was just so fond of it!)

I think my first playthrough of GSDS could see me with a CHIKORITA, since I never really picked the critter for a full playthrough in the original versions; plus there are loads more great Water-types than Grass-types in the wild, and most people now realise you don't have to have a Grass-type, a Fire-type and a Water-type for a well-balanced team, so I don't need a CYNDAQUIL to do well (despite it being a great starter!). I guess I'd name the CHIKORITA...um...Herbald! Or possibly Parsageley! Something that has to do with MEGANIUM being based on food-flavouring! Aha! I got it! Tablesalt! A CHIKORITA named Tablesalt, after the common food-flavouring! It's the perfect nickname! Or not...

Edited on by GamerZack87

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

SSBbrawler08

abgar wrote:

SSBbrawler08 wrote:

much stronger than my team when i reached the same part (see some pages back), you should have no problem with the elite four, just remember to buy some potions and revives... maybe one or two full heals for koga.
The credits are beautiful when the music gets to the end, i think i cried a little from the nostalgia.

edit: i already got the GB sounds, im having a nostalgic attack right now.

Thanks!! I feel much better now before I face the Elite Four!! (Actually, all my guys have leveled up about two more levels!
I can't wait to battle Lance, because if I remember correctly, he has the bombest battle music!

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

Percentful

SSBbrawler08 wrote:

I would replace Pidqeot's aerial ace with return. In-game people aren't like real people-they won't switch out if you use fly. For ampharos, I would replace Thunder with focus blast, or hidden power [depending on what it's type/power is]. Other than that, nice job! I see you have almost all mixed attackers. [only a few are fast enough to sweep]

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Rensch

I prefer Aerial Ace personally. It never misses. Boy was that move useful against Wallace's double team equipped Ludicolo in Emerald.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

RandomWiiPlayer

Rensch wrote:

I prefer Aerial Ace personally. It never misses.

It does if the target is using fly, dig, or bounce at the time.

Does anyone know if it is possible to catch Lugia in HG? I got the silver wing or whatever it is called from some guy in Pewter City.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

sonic_brawler95

Curruntly have 7 badges, and getting ready to kick some Team Rocket @$$ in the underground of Goldenrod.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

RandomWiiPlayer

Toon+Link wrote:

@RandomWiiPlayer
Yes, you can get Lugia in HG but it will be at Lv. 70 so you'd best be prepared.

I wish I saw that before I got into the battle with it. I almost caught it!

The Game.

RandomWiiPlayer

STAY IN THE BALL!

The Game.

RandomWiiPlayer

And it killed itself.............

The Game.

NintenFreak

anyone know a good place to train, i want my pokemon to be a high level before i battle red and i cant find any good places to level up my pokes.

Nintenfreak

Faildude

NintenFreak wrote:

anyone know a good place to train, i want my pokemon to be a high level before i battle red and i cant find any good places to level up my pokes.

Beat the Elite 4 again

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

Bassman_Q

I dunno if I should get this game or WrioWare DIY. I only have enough for one of them atm.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Toon_Link

@Qwikman
If you're a Pokemon fan get HG or SS but if you like Warioware better then get D.I.Y, it's entirely up to you.
But if you do opt for Pokemon, you won't be disappointed.

EDIT: @RWP
How did it kill itself?

Edited on by Toon_Link

Toon_Link

RandomWiiPlayer

Toon+Link wrote:

EDIT: @RWP
How did it kill itself?

Struggle. I had it just about done so I could capture it, but it ran out of moves and struggles has recoil.

The Game.

UNC5052

You must have faced it a long time.

PSN- UNC5052

RandomWiiPlayer

UNC5052 wrote:

You must have faced it a long time.

Not really, I just caught it and realized that three of its moves can only be used 5 times.

The Game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.