Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 9,620

swordx

randomous wrote:

@swordx Well, thank you! I did put a lot of work into it with the hopes that people would enjoy it. I'm not trying to make the biggest, best game ever (I'll leave that up to people like @Discostew and the guy making the pokemon remake-with-extras), I just want people to enjoy it, that's all. Thanks for the compliments, and again, sorry that I get a little "jumpy" sometimes.

lol It's okay. I blame myself for saying something that made you upset!

Yeah, I think those two will make the best PTC games (although the Pokemon people won't make a game up to their expectations. I don't think 600 unique Pokemon are possible on PTC). I think that I'll enjoy Pokemon the most, despite the fact that Mega Man will display a better mastery of BASIC.

lols I better get Dungeon Adventure 2 out before it gets overshadowed by those great projects!

Sorry for asking this, but can you help me release an update for Dungeon Adventure? It fixes 2 bugs, one of which causes the game to crash.

EDIT: Morphtroid has returned!!! Celebrates

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Slayer

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

slayer wrote:

Nobody was in the chat room so I just left. Is there some group making a game of some sort? The only game group I know is the Pokémon one. I just want to make and finish something, I have never released a game in my life.

Didn't you see the username coder1? That's me.
I left myself logged in all night long.
I just woke up btw. :3

Well I was on at about noon, so understandable.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

randomous

@Morphtorok Dang, I knew adding pathways would add ridiculously odd bugs because of the wide-spread changes to unrelated code (nets aren't even part of pathways, and look what happened!). Thank you so much for trying Village! It's unfortunate that you had to scan all those QR codes, because I just posted a 40 QR code version (thanks to @ramstrong and his silly QR rules lol). I'll fix that right away.

By the way, there's quite a few items to buy from the shop now (as you could probably tell from the size of the catalog), so make sure you check the store once in a while for new items (it resets at midnight).

@swordx Yeah, I can make them again. But could I get the ptc files this time? Having to scan them from the video, save them to the sd card, move them to the computer, remake the qr codes, stitch them together, and finally upload them took forever. It would be much easier if I just had the ptc files (you can email them to [email protected] if you like).

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Slayer

I don't feel as smart as most of the people here... I haven't used this for programming very long, but before this came out I was coding in Basic on Visual Studio. I feel like I should be better than I am right now.

Eel

randomous wrote:

@Morphtorok Dang, I knew adding pathways would add ridiculously odd bugs because of the wide-spread changes to unrelated code (nets aren't even part of pathways, and look what happened!). Thank you so much for trying Village! It's unfortunate that you had to scan all those QR codes, because I just posted a 40 QR code version (thanks to @ramstrong and his silly QR rules lol). I'll fix that right away.

By the way, there's quite a few items to buy from the shop now (as you could probably tell from the size of the catalog), so make sure you check the store once in a while for new items (it resets at midnight).

D: and I scanned the long version.

I tried buying the cow statue, but it's pretty expensive lol. I'll have to catch a lot of butterflies I guess.

There's also something you might want to check, in the store you can buy the "sold out"s, they give you nothing and are worth 0 coins, but it's still kinda odd lol.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Slayer

And this is a forum with just about the most picture references I've ever seen. Example, my pic represent Sonic the Hedgehog, I own lots of Sonic games and he's a childhood favorite, @randormous you have Pikachu, and @swordx you have someone from Final Fantasy. I don't play Final Fantasy much so I don't know who that is.

swordx

randomous wrote:

@swordx Yeah, I can make them again. But could I get the ptc files this time? Having to scan them from the video, save them to the sd card, move them to the computer, remake the qr codes, stitch them together, and finally upload them took forever. It would be much easier if I just had the ptc files (you can email them to [email protected] if you like).

I'll email you the files ASAP. Thanks for the help!

@Slayer Don't give up! It took me almost a month to figure it out. And even if you never do, don't feel stupid!!! It's like learning a language, and as smart as some people are, they still may have trouble learning new languages!

EDIT: Forget what I said. You've disgraced Shulk by calling him a FF character! He's from Xenoblade!

Just incase you didn't realize, I'm not actually mad.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Slayer

swordx wrote:

randomous wrote:

@swordx Well, thank you! I did put a lot of work into it with the hopes that people would enjoy it. I'm not trying to make the biggest, best game ever (I'll leave that up to people like @Discostew and the guy making the pokemon remake-with-extras), I just want people to enjoy it, that's all. Thanks for the compliments, and again, sorry that I get a little "jumpy" sometimes.

lol It's okay. I blame myself for saying something that made you upset!

Yeah, I think those two will make the best PTC games (although the Pokemon people won't make a game up to their expectations. I don't think 600 unique Pokemon are possible on PTC). I think that I'll enjoy Pokemon the most, despite the fact that Mega Man will display a better mastery of BASIC.

lols I better get Dungeon Adventure 2 out before it gets overshadowed by those great projects!

Sorry for asking this, but can you help me release an update for Dungeon Adventure? It fixes 2 bugs, one of which causes the game to crash.

EDIT: Morphtroid has returned!!! Celebrates

For randomous' comment, "the guy making the Pokémon remake-with-extras??? He's on the GameFAQs AND YouTube, and you don't know he's known as jamieyello and he has a group? TriforceOfKirby, LeviCelJir, etc.?

randomous

@Morphtorok Pfft, you've only had the game for 2 minutes and you've already found more bugs than anybody else. I have to add you to the credits now...

randomous

Slayer

swordx wrote:

randomous wrote:

I'll email you the files ASAP. Thanks for the help!

@Slayer Don't give up! It took me almost a month to figure it out. And even if you never do, don't feel stupid!!! It's like learning a language, and as smart as some people are, they still may have trouble learning new languages!

Okay... I haven't been in this for long, as I thought this was exact Basic, kind of wish it was, but I'll keep it up. I always seemed to like playing video games and seeing that I grew up with a GBA, I looked more at how far they've gotten and how good everyone thought the game was. Then I figured how they made these, and I was pretty smart at the time, so I started doing this, and here I am.

Slayer

Not for that long, some people should know that I lie to websites about my age a lot. Nintendo life being one example.

randomous

@Morphtorok Any more bugs I should know about before I release an update? You're in the credits as Morphtorok, if that's alright.

I feel like such a dufus for overlooking these things lol. Oh well, at least they're fixed now, thanks!

@swordx I'll get the QR codes done as soon as I can.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Gimmemorecoinz

I don't know why but I had a bit of a hard time trying to explain to hairmanban19 how coordinates work.
I tried explaining to start with the X from the top left corner then count across from the left to the right each square. 0, 1, 2
And then again from the top left corner, but only going DOWN. 0, 1, 2
I also tried to explain it's similiar to battleship but the letters are also numbers.
And X always goes across and Y always goes down and when you add to x your moving RIGHT and when you subtract from X your moving left.
I think he got it and understood but we didn't get to finish the conversation because he left abruptly while I was away helping a friend with something.
I'm guessing that not everyone on this forum stays logged into it for long periods of time. Or not everyone who goes on here is able to stay online for more than an hour at a time. :/ Atleast it seems that way in his case? o.0
Anyways I tried to help him understand coordinates, and I think he might have understood it for the most part :3 The chat is so much faster.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

swordx

randomous wrote:

@Morphtorok Any more bugs I should know about before I release an update? You're in the credits as Morphtorok, if that's alright.

I feel like such a dufus for overlooking these things lol. Oh well, at least they're fixed now, thanks!

YOU feel like failure? Imagine how I felt when Hairmanban reported a bug in my game that crashed the game when you opened chests with a wrench!

swordx

Slayer

Apparently posts are coming up fast. So I think everyone should go to the live chat maybe if they want and we can all group up and discuss projects and programs.

Gimmemorecoinz

slayer wrote:

Apparently posts are coming up fast. So I think everyone should go to the live chat maybe if they want and we can all group up and discuss projects and programs.

Go ahead join the chat your more than welcome to. I'm in there right now i've been idling in there waiting for ppl to join and say something since my post about it yesterday :3

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

swordx wrote:

randomous wrote:

YOU feel like failure? Imagine how I felt when Hairmanban reported a bug in my game that crashed the game when you opened chests with a wrench!

While frustrating I find bugs like that kind of funny and amusing. It's good if you can laugh at your mistakes.

swordx

randomous wrote:

@swordx Haha, we're both dufuses then!

lols Yup. By the way, I just sent the eMail. That's the first eMail I've ever sent. lol

When you update the wiki page, could you change the desc to Version 1.0.1?

swordx

Eel

randomous wrote:

Nothing else so far! And thanks!

Only 50k left until I can buy that cow statue.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic