3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Dig Dug on 3DS VC

Showing 1 to 20 of 23

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

1. Posted:

Here we will talk about all things Dig Dug. The game is coming out on Feburary 14th, 2013, otherwise known as Valentine's Day. What are your thoughts on this game? Will you pick up this Namco classic? If you are in the future and you have already purchased this on the 3DS Virtual Console, what are your impressions?

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

2. Posted:

I LOVE Dig Dug for some reason so I will most likely get this eventually.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

3. Posted:

Even though I know Namco will release a Namco Museum 3DS this year (I'm calling it, I know Namco's antics), I'll download Dig Dug when it comes out.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrimsonFire

4. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I LOVE Dig Dug for some reason so I will most likely get this eventually.

this^ and i didnt even know dig dug was coming out for 3ds vc

Probably will get this

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

5. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

Even though I know Namco will release a Namco Museum 3DS this year (I'm calling it, I know Namco's antics), I'll download Dig Dug when it comes out.

Where did you hear this? I might just get the eShop re-release because Namco Museum may just have boring games too (like Tower of Druaga and Galaxian, which is boring compared to Galaga). But if they release games like Pac-Mania and Sky Kid and put Pac-Man Vs. and 3D effect for each game in it I might get it.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

6. Posted:

Dig Dug is aweome. :)
Even though my favorite version is the Atari 2600 port (with the arcade version coming a very close second), i'll probably grab it.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiULoveGBA

7. Posted:

Saw this on the eshop but I've never played it. Will look me up some you tube of it now

That guy! UGH! "Hey, look at me. I ride a broomstick, and I was into stickers before it was cool." Pshhhhhhhh. He doesn't know about sticker power.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiULoveGBA

8. Posted:

It doesn't look too difficult.. does the game get hard?

That guy! UGH! "Hey, look at me. I ride a broomstick, and I was into stickers before it was cool." Pshhhhhhhh. He doesn't know about sticker power.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

9. Posted:

Are they gonna charge an extra dollar for it being an import like they did on the Wii's VC?

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

10. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

MrSRArter wrote:

Even though I know Namco will release a Namco Museum 3DS this year (I'm calling it, I know Namco's antics), I'll download Dig Dug when it comes out.

Where did you hear this? I might just get the eShop re-release because Namco Museum may just have boring games too (like Tower of Druaga and Galaxian, which is boring compared to Galaga). But if they release games like Pac-Mania and Sky Kid and put Pac-Man Vs. and 3D effect for each game in it I might get it.

Namco Museum 3DS isn't confirmed, I'm just predicting it.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

11. Posted:

Bad news they raised the price to $4.99 instead of $3.99. I don't think I'll get it anymore what about you guys?

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

12. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Bad news they raised the price to $4.99 instead of $3.99. I don't think I'll get it anymore what about you guys?

I'll probably still get it, I thought imports like this would be would be $5.99 before the Lost Levels was shown to be $4.99 like regular NES games.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

13. Posted:

Dig Dug isn't an import is it?

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

14. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Dig Dug isn't an import is it?

The NES/Famicom version actually is, despite the NES/Famicom version of Dig Dug II coming out over here.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SheldonRandoms

15. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Dig Dug isn't an import is it?

Technically yes, because it was never on the NES, but the only port Nintendo got at the time was on the Famicom, the Japanese NES

I liked to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

16. Posted:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Dig Dug isn't an import is it?

Technically yes, because it was never on the NES, but the only port Nintendo got at the time was on the Famicom, the Japanese NES

I never knew that. Interesting. I actually like Dig Dug better than Pac Man. Dig Dug is a very underlooked character, I am suprised they didn't make a Dig Dug Championship Edition or something. Maybe one day a game like that will see the light of day! :D

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SheldonRandoms

17. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Dig Dug isn't an import is it?

Technically yes, because it was never on the NES, but the only port Nintendo got at the time was on the Famicom, the Japanese NES

I never knew that. Interesting. I actually like Dig Dug better than Pac Man. Dig Dug is a very underlooked character, I am suprised they didn't make a Dig Dug Championship Edition or something. Maybe one day a game like that will see the light of day! :D

Did you also know that Dig Dug has a name, it's Taizo Hori, and he's married to Kissy from Baraduke, and then many years later, they had children named Susumu and Ataru, and Susumu is also known as Mr.Driller, who went to star in the many Mr.Driller games.

Also, the enimies in Dig Dug are called Pooka (who is based on a tomato) and Fygar (The Dragon)

.........Now I want a Pooka Plush for some reason.

And I like Dig Dug........I mean Taizo Hori better then Pac Man too.

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I liked to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

18. Posted:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Dig Dug isn't an import is it?

Technically yes, because it was never on the NES, but the only port Nintendo got at the time was on the Famicom, the Japanese NES

I never knew that. Interesting. I actually like Dig Dug better than Pac Man. Dig Dug is a very underlooked character, I am suprised they didn't make a Dig Dug Championship Edition or something. Maybe one day a game like that will see the light of day! :D

Did you also know that Dig Dug has a name, it's Taizo Hori, and he's married to Kissy from Baraduke, and then many years later, they had children named Susumu and Ataru, and Susumu is also known as Mr.Driller, who went to star in the many Mr.Driller games.

Also, the enimies in Dig Dug are called Pooka (who is based on a tomato) and Fygar (The Dragon)

.........Now I want a Pooka Plush for some reason.

And I like Dig Dug........I mean Taizo Hori better then Pac Man too.

Kissy's name is Masuyo Toby.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SheldonRandoms

19. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Dig Dug isn't an import is it?

Technically yes, because it was never on the NES, but the only port Nintendo got at the time was on the Famicom, the Japanese NES

I never knew that. Interesting. I actually like Dig Dug better than Pac Man. Dig Dug is a very underlooked character, I am suprised they didn't make a Dig Dug Championship Edition or something. Maybe one day a game like that will see the light of day! :D

Did you also know that Dig Dug has a name, it's Taizo Hori, and he's married to Kissy from Baraduke, and then many years later, they had children named Susumu and Ataru, and Susumu is also known as Mr.Driller, who went to star in the many Mr.Driller games.

Also, the enimies in Dig Dug are called Pooka (who is based on a tomato) and Fygar (The Dragon)

.........Now I want a Pooka Plush for some reason.

And I like Dig Dug........I mean Taizo Hori better then Pac Man too.

Kissy's name is Masuyo Toby.

I just checked wikipedia for that one, but yeah, Dig Dug all these years, he's had a family and a life, he's not just some guy as many people think...........but he got divorced and his oldest son just leaves him (and his english voice is just.........no, just no) and then Taizo is sad because he wasn't in that Pacman racing game, despite Pooka, Fygar, and HIS SON making it in, also he's not in Project X Zone, which is just stupid, because he just blew everybody up in Namco X Capcom........................I could be getting some sleep, put i'm talking about Dig Dug.

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I liked to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

20. Posted:

I actually made Miis of Taizo Hori and Masuyo Toby.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter