Dragon Ball: The Breakers released last month with a number of technical issues at launch. Fortunately, Bandai Namco has introduced a big batch of fixes in today's planned maintenance in an attempt to combat these problems.
An online survival game is not the route that we would have expected the Dragon Ball series to take, but we had a pretty good time with The Breakers (earning it 7/10 in our review) despite its technical flaws. Today's fixes are all about mending the parts of the game which distracted from the overall positive experience including bugs that appeared both during matchmaking and in battle.
Dragon Ball: The Breakers Update, 14th November 2022
- Matches did not progress past the versus screen on certain platforms
- The UI did not display immediately after a match began in ONLINE MATCH and other communication errors occurred.
- If connection was lost due to "8/8 Establishing the connection" after a match began, the remaining members would be unable to use the cancel function.
- There were instances where Survivors were unable to summon Shenron after Raider "Cell" or "Frieza" launched an Ultimate Super Attack
- If a Survivor received an attack at the same time they used the Active Skill "Capsule (Single-Wheel Motorbike)", sometimes the bike remaind on the stage, and the Survivor no longer responded to certain commands.
- There were instances in which players lost their abilities when using a Senzu Bean in PRACTICE MODE on certain platforms
- If the Raider's dialog played at the same time as Trunks', no further dialog would be played for the Raider
- If Piccolo's Super Attack "Evil Explosion" was immediately followed up with multiple Ki Blasts, the Raider would no longer receive damage after the second hit
- An issue in which the spectator camera would not return to the viewpoint of the player's character.
- An issue in which players were revived while still spectating other teammates
- The player could no longer be revived after another player stopped the revival process just as the revive gauge reached MAX
- If a player evaded while using certain Skills (such as the Grappling Device), they would begin to move at random
- BREAKERS POINTS intended for use in linked Xenoverse 2 accounts were not valid
◆ Other Adjustments
- The installation progress for power keys is now retained even if a player cancels in the middle of the installation
*This has been done to help against Raiders camping near the location.
In order to balance battles, we plan to add something to increase the Raiders' strength in the future
- On the Steam version, a key assign category was added so that the Map/Menu during battle can be opened with Enter+an optional key
- Even if you do not complete all of the daily and weekly challenges that are displayed, the subsequent challenges will now be displayed
- Fixed other minor bugs
◆ Content to be adjusted in future
- Change in specification where the next challenges will be updated even if all daily/weekly challenges are not completed within specific period.
What are you the most pleased to see in this update? Let us know in the comments!