Overcooked! All You Can Eat, the manic multiplayer chef sim from Team 17, is soon to receive a huge update to celebrate World Food Day. Adding a whole host of tasty new features and characters, the update will be coming to Switch in but a few short days on October 12th.
In a recent news post from the studio, Team 17 shared everything that we can expect to find in the update, with ingredients ranging from a pinch of new biomes, a twist of additional obstacles and a healthy dose of new accessibility features to finish it off - buon appetito.
On top of this, the update will add three new chefs - Fox (adorable), Globe (terrifying) and a new Goldfish skin - and two new recipes for curry and bobotie. All of this will have to be navigated around a delivery driver mechanic, whose pesky bag will take up valuable worktop space - as if the game wasn't hectic enough already!
For more information on the World Food Festival update, here are the full patch notes:
World Food Festival Update (Releasing October 12th, 2022)
New 10 level DLC campaign and Chefs.
- Visit 3 Biomes, Baked Bazaar, Metro Mash and Pepper Plaza.
- 2 new chefs, Globe, Fox and 1 alternate skin for the Globe chef, Goldfish.
- 2 new recipes:
- New game mechanic using the takeaway delivery bag.
- Chefs can now be asked to box meals instead of plating.
Additional Accessibility options
- Added a reduced camera shake toggle.
- Reduce flashing effect toggle.
- Addition of an Assist mode added to the world map which can be toggled on/off at any point regardless of save file, allowing the game to be modified to the player’s needs.
- Level skipping
- Increase order timer slider
- Increase recipe timer slider
- Increase recipe scores by a percentage.
- Toggle order timers on/off.
- Shorten the player respawn timer.
- Reduce the number of recipes displayed.
- Turn off fires started by burnt food.
- Player direction is clearer with an indicator displayed beneath the chefs.
- Players aligned countertop highlight is now more noticeable.
- Fonts – Fixed several Dyslexia font bugs.
- Added a ‘flashing images’ warning to the boot flow.
- Game and controller settings can now be changed in game.
- Fixed some general localisation issues.
- Fixed an issue with the Ghost chef’s VFX can appear incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue of uneven line spacing in the menu settings.
- [PC] Fixed an issue where the controller icons were not displayed correctly.
What do you make of this upcoming update? Don your chef's whites and head to the comments to let us know!
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.