Update [Fri 28th Oct, 2022 00:55 BST]: Studio Wildcard has today confirmed the major "overhaul" update for Ark: Survival Evolved on Switch will launch on 1st November. This will include vastly improved visual quality and performance, reduced load times and a number of QoL features, like improved inventory management.
Ark's Ultimate Survivor Edition as a standalone release will also launch in North America on 1st November. This will be followed by a release in Europe on 8th November. Here's some more information from the PR:
"This definitive ARK collection will include all ARK expansion packs, launching first with Scorched Earth (also launching November 1 in North America and November 8 in Europe); Aberration, Extinction and Genesis Parts 1 & 2 will be released in order."
Then on 9th November, Ark: Dinosaur Discovery will be released - a "kid-friendly, non-violent adventure" exclusive to Switch. It features simplified controls, can be played with a single Joy-Con and allows younger gamers to learn about real-life dinosaurs. This game is a free download for all Ark: Survival Evolved Switch owners, and will also be available for purchase on the eShop.
Original article [Sat 22nd Oct, 2022 04:25 BST]: The delays just keep on coming for the complete revamp of Ark: Survival Evolved. In a new update on the game's official website, Studio Wildcard announced the Ultimate Survivor Edition for Nintendo Switch would no longer be released next week on October 25th.
The reasoning behind this is "due to the unforeseen and unprecedented environment situation happening in the Pacific Northwest" - meaning the scheduled release is no longer possible. Ark: Ultimate Survivor is now targeting a release in early November.
As previously revealed, existing owners of Ark Survival Evolved on Switch will receive this "complete revamp" as a free update. All existing progress and save data will be maintained as well.
Alongside the latest update, Studio Wildcard has also released a brand new trailer of the Switch build:
- ARK: Survival Evolved - revamped and updated to the latest version of Unreal Engine 4 with the features, visuals, and functionality of the other platforms, while maintaining existing save data and progression.
- Scorched Earth Expansion Pack
- Additional Expansion Packs added at regular intervals: Aberration, Extinction, and Genesis Parts 1 & 2
- New cinematic story content that further expands ARK's narrative.
- Dinosaur Discovery: Take a journey through the epochs in this new educational experience that invites families and kids to learn about the fascinating prehistoric creatures that inspired the game. Dinosaur Discovery is appropriate for even the smallest survivors and free for all owners of ARK: Survival Evolved!
- Custom server support powered by Nitrado server networks.
Will you be trying Ark out on Switch when it releases in early November? Comment below.