Stick your tin foil hats on, scramble beneath the nearest table and curl yourselves up into a ball, because aliens are about to land!
Coming from publisher Assemble Entertainment in partnership with WhisperGames, Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers has been announced for Switch, and its due to invade your consoles this coming Fall.
Developed by Loomiarts and Brazilian film company Fehorama Filmes, Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers is a side-scrolling shoot-em-up created to resemble the black and white aesthetic of entertainment in the 1950s. It will feature live-action FMV sequences providing key backstory to the ongoing conflict between Squad 51 and the evil Director Zarog’s alien fleet, showcasing exactly the right amount of cheesy dialogue you'd come to expect from a game about UFOs.
Here's some key info from Assemble Entertainment:
Warning! Extraterrestrials from outer space have arrived on our planet, bringing promises of a bright new future for the earthlings. However, this otherworldly partnership soon reveals a darker side as the VEGA Corporation, the alien enterprise led by the hideous Director Zarog, is imposing its predatory politics on the human race. In the midst of this oppression, the rebel group Squad 51 rises as a response against the violent acts committed by these vile beings. Will the brave pilots of Squad 51 and their aircraft stand a chance against Zarog's diabolic fleet of flying saucers?
Key Features Include:
- SHMUP Yeah!: Enjoy classic shoot-’em-up gameplay with four unique aircraft that can be customized with special weapons
- Cinematic Experience: Marvelous black-and-white aesthetics, live-action FMV sequences, and dubbed voices will tell the story of the battle between Squad 51 and Director Zarog’s alien fleet
- 11 Ways to Save the World: Fight against enemy ships and bosses in 11 different environments - snowy mountains, forests, cityscapes, and more
- Rookie Pilots Supported: Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran flying ace, Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers supports dynamic difficulty that allows every pilot to enjoy the alien extermination
- Ducks Fly Together!: Fighting an alien horde is more fun with a squadmate! A second player can enter a level at any time — earn points with a co-op player and unlock together new special weapons and upgrades
Are you ready to blast some Flying Saucers? Let us know if you're planning on grabbing this one when it launches later this year!