Ubisoft has tweeted that it will be attending Gamescom 2022 in Cologne this coming August. This is particularly noteworthy given that several major publishers, including Nintendo, Activision, Take-Two Interactive, and Sony have all confirmed that they will be skipping the event this year.
It's unknown at this stage what Ubisoft might be showcasing at the event. During its recent Assassin's Creed Anniversary showcase, the publisher confirmed the "future of Assassin's Creed" will be revealed in September. Elsewhere, a potential release date for Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope has seemingly leaked from the publisher itself.
Gamescom 2022 will take place from 24th - 28th August and will be the first in-person event for the organisation post-pandemic, however there will also be some online content for those not in attendance. Ubisoft will be joining the likes of Embracer Group and Bandai Namco as just a handful of publishers confirmed to be attending.
Here's a reminder of some of the activities planned for the event this year:
- Entertainment area and business area, as well as additional sections, including for cosplay, retro, and indie fans, with the unique festival feeling of Gamescom on-site
- Gamescom shows like Gamescom: Opening Night Live, Gamescom studios, and Gamescom: Awesome Indies with a live audience on-site, as well as streams broadcast on numerous channels
- Bundled Gamescom content on Gamescom Now
- Interactive quests on all Gamescom channels and attractive rewards in the context of Gamescom Epix
- Many cooperative projects with international creators and media partners
Are you planning on attending Gamescom 2022 in August? What do you think Ubisoft might be showcasing at the event? Let us know with a comment!