Developer Doublequote Studio has announced its new project: a deck-building cyberpunk game called HeistGeist, due for launch on Switch in 2023.
Its story seems to be pretty typical of cyberpunk narratives, involving a group of specialist thieves who join forces to hack into secure corporate systems. You'll be planning elaborate heists, incorporating stealth mechanics to avoid detection. Failing that, the battle systems utilise cards for combat tactics, requiring players to upgrade their deck and use combination attacks to come out on top.
Here's a list of features from the game's Steam page:
- Set in an original post-cyberpunk world based on real locations in a fictional version of Central Europe in 2040’s
- Follow the story of Alex, a thief for hire, as she tries to pick up the pieces of her lost reputation after her last job went terribly bad. On the run from corporate assassins and a disgruntled client, Alexandra has to do her best to stay alive, as she prepares for the heist of a lifetime.
- Put together a team of professionals made up of unusual allies with a very particular set of skills.Plan highly sophisticated heists for super secret prototypes or classified corporate intel. But be prepared that even the best laid plans can sometimes get messy. Adapt to change, make the right choices, stay alive and most of all, get the job done.
- If stealth is not an option, fight guards and automated security systems in tactical card-based battles. Find your own playstyle, build your deck, upgrade your cards and unleash powerful combinations on your enemies
- Hack into the most secure corporate systems in our reimagination of cyberspace net running with a special card-based hacking mechanics. Break through strong barriers, dodge deadly ICEs and run powerful programs and viruses all to get to data storages full of valuable data.
We'll be sure to provide any further information on the game, including its eventual release date, as and when we get it.
Are you interested in grabbing HeistGeist when it launches in 2023? Let us know with a comment!