Endling - Extinction is Forever came onto our radar about a year ago, featuring in some of the Summer season's online showcases. Developer Herobeat Studios has been working away on it since, and now it's confirmed to be landing at retail and digitally on Switch this Summer, on 19th July; it'll cost $29.99 | €29.99 | £24.99, but digital pre-orders are going live today and will offer a 10% discount for a limited time.
As you'll be able to gather from the trailer, it tells a rather harrowing tale of a fox and her cubs trying to survive in an increasingly dangerous world. The game will have a very clear message about the need to protect the environment.
Coming June 5th is also World Environment Day - a perfect reminder for us that we need to stop destroying the planet. As you can very well imagine, the core idea behind "Endling - Extinction is Forever" is its ability to teach something to its players by providing them with new knowledge, presenting pressing problems, and raising awareness in a unique way.
"Endling - Extinction is Forever" confronts the player with elements of environmental change as a part of its narrative. No one is safe from extinction – and humanity is to blame. The game has the potential to reinforce and increase some facets of environmental consciousness by visualizing the impact of human activity on ecosystems in a novel way.
- Explore devastated environments based on real current issues.
- Hunt other animals to feed your cubs and avoid becoming the prey.
- Put your survival instinct to the test and get involved in emotionally taxing decisions.
- Find new shelters to be safe from natural and unnatural threats
- Care for your kits, feed them, and teach them new skills to make them less vulnerable.
It looks extremely promising, albeit with a rather difficult subject matter. Let us know what you think in the comments.