Kao the Kangaroo is just a week away as we write this, a long overdue follow-up / reboot in the 3D action platforming series. A big emphasis is on bopping foes with Kao's fists, and it's sure to tempt some Switch owners when it arrives on 27th May.
It's coming to the eShop and at retail, but now publisher Tate Multimedia has confirmed that it's teaming up with Just For Games on a 'Kaollector Edition'. It'll be limited to 5000 copies and have various goodies included, with more details to be revealed later; it's planned to ship Q4 this year, so there'll be a bit of a wait. Here's some confirmation from Twitter in addition to the press release below.
Limited to 5000 pieces, it will include the one and only figurine of Kao, available on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Playstation 5 and Xbox One in Q4 2022.
- World Premiere! A 15cm bobble-head model of Kao the Kangaroo ! It’s the first time Kao has its own figure... and it’s wiggling!
- A bouncing ball as bouncy as a kangaroo! You won’t stop it! Get all the power of Kao’s gloves into this 10cm diameter bouncing ball! It’s MASSIVE!
- A 52 pages hard cover premium artbook exploring 20 years of Kao franchise... Discover exclusive concept arts and drawings from the first to the latest episode of Kao the Kangaroo!
- A certificate of authenticity, signed by the Tate’s team, developer of every Kao‘s games.
- And of course, the standard physical game itself! (cartridge or disc, depending of the version)
All of these fantastic and unique items will be packed into a black matte classy premium box celebrating the 20 years of Kao The Kangaroo and protected by an external sleeve with an exclusive design.
Also, at the top of this page, is a short new trailer specifically showcasing the Switch version, and it looks promising.
Are you tempted to wait in order to secure this 'Kaollector Edition'? Let us know, as always, in the comments.