Souldiers is an upcoming Metroidvania that is certainly on our radar; yes, it's a genre that's got plenty of options on Switch, but a blend of stylish visuals and interesting mechanics (like character customisation) have us intrigued.
We don't have long to wait as it arrives on the eShop on 19th May, but publisher Dear Villagers has also confirmed that it's teaming up with Pix'n Love Games to release a physical edition. Details are very limited, with just a 'Q2' release window at present.
It looks like an interesting release, some of the official details from developer Retro Forge are below.
- Choose your class: Unleash the fury of your sword with the scout, summon the wrath of elements with the caster, or rain down arrows on your foes with the archer.
- Gripping combat: Slash, parry and dodge your way through an ever-evolving roster of enemies, upgrading your skills and equipment to find a combat style that’s perfect for you.
- An interconnected world: Discover a sprawling handcrafted landscape filled with treasures, tough-as-nails bosses and secret pathways.
- 16-bit sensation: Terragaya comes to life with vibrant world-class pixel art packed to the brim with details.
- Smart moves: Solve environmental puzzles and leap from place to place using an ever-expanding moveset.
Let us know if you're interested in this; we'll keep an eye on the Pix'n Love Games website for listings.