[Update: Wed 26th Jan, 2022 21:30 GMT]:
A new trailer, this time showing a scene between Chloe's mum and step-dad, also gives a deeper look into the updated and improved facial animation, textures, and lighting.
[Original: Tue 25th Jan, 2022 20:30 GMT]:
The Life Is Strange Remastered Collection just got delayed on the Switch, to an unspecified time in the future, but we can still enjoy this brand-new official gameplay trailer, which shows off the improved graphics, textures and facial animations.
The gameplay trailer only features Life is Strange, the first game of the two in the collection, alongside prequel Before the Storm.
Here are the list of notable improvements that can be seen in the trailer, according to a Square Enix press release:
- Now rendering in native 4K in Unreal 4, with a rebuilt lighting pipeline
- New and updated 4K-ready character models with increased polycounts and additional bones are visible throughout
- All character models feature more emotive and expressive animation, more natural hair physics, and updated tears, injuries, and more
- Max’s tears and expressions are more detailed with updated facial SFX
- Nathan and Chloe’s facial expressions and eyelines have been revamped
- New lip-sync animation throughout
- New and updated scenic materials for reflectivity and texture
- Updated models and materials for key props, ex. the bucket in the bathroom
Fancy buckets, additional bones, updated tears. Sounds like a party to us.