We're getting closer to the one-year mark of Monster Hunter Rise and Capcom's still showing strong support for the title.
Just a few weeks ago it released the PC version of the game on Steam, and more recently it's announced the title has shipped over 8 million units worldwide. Sunbreak DLC is also on the way.
Now, in the latest news - it's rolled out patch update Version 3.8.0 - it comes packed with new event quests (coming soon) and bug fixes. Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of the official game website:
- In order to use DLC and play online, you need to update Monster Hunter Rise to the latest version.
- - You can check which version you're on at the bottom right of the Title Screen.
- - Online gameplay requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- If you do not have access to the Internet, you can play local multiplayer, as long as every player uses the same version of the software.
- - Please visit the Nintendo Support page for more information.
Available January 27, 2022
Main Additions / Changes
- Notifications regarding add-on content and such will now be shown on the Title Screen and at the Courier.
You can turn this on/off by going to Options > Promotion.
- Some text in Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese will now be displayed in a calligraphy font.
- New Event Quests will be available every week.
- New DLC can be purchased from Nintendo eShop.
Bug Fixes / Miscellaneous
- Fixed a bug causing the Host to be displayed with a Cohoot on their arm on the guest's screen if the Host cancels calling their Cohoot at the same time the guest enters the Lobby.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing a monster's falling animation from being played to the end.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing certain attacks, such as Sticky Ammo, from doing damage if they hit at the exact same time that the mud crust around Jyuratodus's neck is broken.
- Fixed a bug causing the 4th color of Type 1 clothing to differ between the thumbnail and the actual model.
- Fixed a bug causing hair to clip through armor when combining certain hairstyles with certain pieces of armor.
- Fixed a bug causing different numbers to be displayed for the same hairstyles on the Character Edit screen and the add-on content screen.
- Fixed a bug causing the back part of the sideburns of the "Hinoa long" and "Minoto long" hairstyles to clip through the skin.
- Fixed a bug causing clipping in the upper arm of the player character when combining certain armwear and waist armor.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the player character and their Buddies to be displayed at the same time on the preview screen when selecting "Change Equipment".
- Fixed a bug causing Buddies to be displayed in their old armor on the save file select screen if you change their armor by going through specific steps.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing elemental effects on Buddy weapons that do not have an element on them.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing the recovery guide from being displayed when the player is hit with a restricting attack for the first time.
- Fixed a bug causing issues with the consumption of crafting items under certain circumstances, when using items via the Radial Menu while the player's weapon is drawn.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to always perform a running landing if they hit the ground with the Switch Axe in sword mode.
- Fixed a bug when comboing from a backward dodge into a Forward Slash with the Charge Blade in sword mode.
- Fixed a bug causing the color of the Prism Spiribird to appear incorrectly on the map's icon list.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the game to crash if it is taking a long time to boot.
- Fixed a bug causing the game to freeze if you perform certain steps on the Mutual Likes list, which result in an empty slot appearing, and then select that empty slot.
- Fixed various text bugs.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
Have you downloaded this update yet? Notice anything else? Leave a comment down below.
Have they added new monsters? I can’t remember anything new on my second play through only a month ago. Or maybe it is online only.
I want the filters like the PC players have
Confession: I bought the game, but it’s still in shrink wrap. 🥲🥲🥲
@blindsquarel I'd be surprised if we get any new monsters before Sunbreak.
I have the game, I've played the very first tutorial mission, and that's about it. I tried one other mission and failed terribly and I'm just so terribly busy the next couple months
I mean like in past updates. On another note sun break is probably the first 20$ plus dlc I will ever buy. That’s how good this game is.
A good reminder to jump back in proper! I haven't had the dock or monitor hooked up for quite a while, so once the Arceus Split Pad Pro arrives I'll jump back in on handheld.
@blindsquarel I don't think they've added any monsters since the addition of Valstrax, new Apexes, and the final storymode monster, which were about half a year or so ago.
@blindsquarel It would be a strange thing to do, since every new monster they'd add now would mean one less new monster for Sunbreak.
This game is one of the best on the switch.
I love the game too and will definitely be investing in the dlc. But I feel the dlc not 20$ + it’s gonna be 39-49$ Which sadly will put a lot of players off. (Not me tho).
If the install base currently sits at 8m for this base title I expect the dlc will sell about 1-2m at most.
I also feel that once with get to the 1 year anniversary the event quest dlc will cease.
At that time we will get the new trailer for sunbreak with release date and maybe the option to pre-order.
Who’s thinking when sunbreak summer release will be?
Sound off below 👇
I put in over 90 hrs by May last year which was only 2 mos. after the game released. I put it down and moved on to other games. I just now picked it back up and am getting ready for Sunbreak this Summer. This game is so fun but you can get burned out on it if you do too much too quickly.
I wish I hadn’t started this on pC. There’s no going back to the Switch version after that.
I thought I heard 20. Well if it is 40 dollars that is 2/3 of the base games price. This better be huge.
Yeah I should have made that clearer. I meant in past updates.
Can we just get Yian Garuga already. Come on lets have traditional monsters to return plz! Also I need myself some Gore Magala and Yian Kut Ku(monster is a joke but why not) Maybe Congalala should return. Also is it just my web or is NL site just glitchy right now?
Tap here to load 17 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...