Action Arcade Wrestling is coming to the Switch next year, and to celebrate the holiday season, we've been given a special festive trailer.
The game launched on other formats earlier this year and takes inspiration from '90s arcade grapplers like Saturday Night Slam Masters and WWF Wrestlemania. There's a simple two-button control system and an emphasis on accessibility.
Here's some PR:
Perform a BODY SLAM, knock’em down with a CLOTHESLINE, pull off the classic PILEDRIVER AND… shoot LIGHTNING BOLTS into your opponent's face?! Whatever you do… don’t find yourself looking up at the lights!
Action Arcade Wrestling brings everything you love from 90’s wrestling games with its own twist of chaos and fun. Join the action and step through the ropes in this fast-paced, arcade wrestling extravaganza to superkick the overly simulated wrestling games out of the ring! Choose from a roster of 30+ outrageous wrestlers executing their powerful attacks and superhero-like abilities in the most over-the-top wrestling game ever conceived.
If that isn’t enough crazy for you, jump into the AAW Wrestle Lab to create your ultimate wrestler. The Wrestle Lab provides an unprecedented amount of creation tools where gamers can unleash their creativity. Whether it’s your favorite superhero or most feared monster, the Wrestle Lab is only limited by your imagination.
- Retro Gameplay Action Satisfaction – Intuitive 2-button controls allows players of all ages and skill levels to easily jump into the arcade wrestling mayhem.
- A Match for Every Style – Over 25 playable game modes are planned including One vs. One, Tag Team, Three-way match, Four-way match, 4-10 Person Elimination matches, Tornado Tag, Battle Royal, and more!
- Roster of Extraordinary Wrestlers - Choose from 30+ unique, superhero-like wrestlers that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Old School Flair – 3D cel-shaded visuals bring a vibrant throwback arcade look that captures the outrageous and colorful past of wrestling games.
- Animated Madness – Over 700 hand-crafted animations to perfectly capture the movement and antics that make AAW unique to the wrestling world.
- Customization Galore – The FREE Creation Suite puts more creative power in the hands of players. Loads of wrestler and arena options are available including body morphing, texture uploads, UV mapping, move set assignments, physics-based accessories and more. Create fearsome monsters, favorite super heroes, rasslin’ icons… go crazy with the creative freedom of the Wrestle Lab!
Let us know if you'll be putting the cash down for this when it arrives on Switch next year.
Ya mean I can put the smackdown on Buddy the elf?
Where do I sign up???
“He’s an angry elf.”
@Tandy255 "CALL ME AN ELF ONE MORE TIME!"
"You're an elf!"
I don't understand why they are bothering, game was originally released in October 2019 on PC and it was a so-so game, nothing special, if it was released on the Switch to begin with then it probably would have sold a lot better but the game has been available on potato level laptops for more than 2 years now. (You can literally run this game with a 2010s laptop just fine)
I wish the developers the best of luck on this, i hope it does well but the timing of the release (2+ years late for an arcade indie game) and even missing the Holiday sales period doesn't fill me with confidence.
Annoyed me just a bit that they don't really mention that the creation suite isn't an in-game thing, more an app for a pc/laptop.
@Iggy-Koopa if that is true, this game is even more pointless. The creation abilities is what makes this game worth anything at all.
Season's beatings gave me a chuckle.
I wish fire pro would get released on the switch.
@AG_Awesome 1000 times this!
This game has been on my WL for a while
@Gamer_Zeus HA HA I'm sure they'll appreciate your concerns over their game. You realise that pretty much every indie title that comes to the switch has been out for a year or two everywhere else right? Or do you just continually write similar posts? The release to other platforms will of covered the costs of production and made profit, this is just more profit. Plus, the game is quite a bit better now and has hundreds of created arena's and characters.
@YANDMAN and do you realise that timing for release is everything? Or do you always have a rudimentary understanding of how business works?
This game has been available on potato laptops for over 2 years now and at a fraction of the cost.
Do you seriously believe anyone is going to bother paying anything more than $10 for this game? In fact, think about this seriously, has anyone even cared about a wrestling game being on the Switch?
Of all the games that Switch owners have requested, wrestling games have been the least requested, so where is the market for this game?
Like i said, timing is everything and you seem to have a rudimentary understanding of how business works.
@Gamer_Zeus Have people ever cared about a wrestling game on the switch? Yes, Retromania Wrestling. Do I care about your ridiculous opinion, No.
@YANDMAN it's okay because i wrote that nearly a month ago and judging by how many people disagreed with my comment and how many people liked it, it's quite safe to assume you are in the minority on that one.
Good day 🤣.
@Gamer_Zeus ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa, it's all about the 'LIKES'
Tap here to load 15 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...