A week after Nintendo rolled out its final major update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons - including the Happy Home Paradise DLC, it's now released version 2.0.1.
This particular update focuses on fixes. There are a lot of fixes for the main game as well as the new DLC. Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of Nintendo's official support page:
Ver. 2.0.1 (Released November 11, 2021)
- Fixed an issue that could occur if a player asks to remodel a resident’s home while the airport gate is open.
- Fixed an issue where the Kiki & Lala wand item was mistakenly appearing in Nook Shopping as “Not for sale.”
- Fixed an issue where the coconut juice and frozen-treat set items would not appear under the Miscellaneous tab for DIY Recipes.
- Fixed an issue where the flowing-river flooring item would not display properly in Photopia or expanded player homes when placed horizontally.
- Fixed an issue where some residents would try to cook using something other than a kitchen item in their home.
- Fixed an issue where residents visiting a player’s home would talk as if they were in the café.
Fixed Issues related to DLC
The following issues related to the paid DLC Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to proceed with the game without designing the school when normally the school would need to be designed. If you have save data where you proceeded without designing the school, you can use the following methods to restore your save data to proper conditions.
- For Players that have not remodeled the school: After completing 1 or 2 other jobs, and no other events trigger at that time, the event to design the school will trigger.
- For players that have remodeled the school: The event for designing the school will not trigger, but the features that normally unlock from the event to design the school (such as furniture items and room size) will become useable when you start your next job.
- Fixed an issue causing an error to occur when using amiibo to change members at a facility.
- Fixed an issue where you could obtain turnips countless times from Joan in the hospital.
- Fixed an issue where the ripe sugarcane plant item would unlock by obtaining tomatoes.
The Happy Home Designer DLC can be purchased separately for $24.99USD / €24.99 / £22.49 and is also available as part of the Switch Online's 'Expansion Pack' tier. You can learn more about the final major update for the game, in our previous post.
@Anti-Matter they said it was the final “major” update. There will be bug fixes and minor tweaks for a while I’m sure.
I wish they would fix where when you put up partitions there is a crack where the partition meets the wall and it would be nice to be able to have more than the one wall accent.
@iNintendo Yeah, fixes, tweaks, and probably smaller items/event refreshes.
@TYRANACLES Yeah the wall building is odd, we should have been able to adjust the sizes and hang items on them. What they offer is very limiting. Plus if you want to use them in a room with windowed wallpaper then it looks very strange since now your partitions have windows.
"Fixed an issue where some residents would try to cook using something other than a kitchen item in their home.
Fixed an issue where residents visiting a player’s home would talk as if they were in the café"
I like how these fixes just make the villagers sound like they went senile. Anyone know what item they were trying to cook with? 😂 Sounds like a fire hazard.
@MaddenR87 didn't knew that, I'm french and in french we say euros but I didn't knew in english it was always euro.
"English and German, the term euro (German: Euro) is never written in plural. In French, a plural ‘s’ is added (euros)"
(Source : https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Tutorial:Symbols_and_abbreviations)
Maybe not officially, but British people would definitely say Euros.
The correct term is for more than one Euro is "Pleuro", obviously!
@Clyde_Radcliffe omg...I spit my coffee out laughing at that comment...I literally thought that, Bunnie was trying to cook with a vacuum cleaner and I thought she had gone mad!
They're avoiding how severe the "remodelling whilst the airport gate is open" issue was.
It could corrupt your save data!
@SpaceboyScreams Is setting that wall as an accent wall or workable workaround?
@RupeeClock Hey, at least they fixed it. I'm glad Animal Crossing is now finally a full-fledged game.
"Fixed an issue where you could obtain turnips countless times from Joan in the hospital."
Well, I'll make sure to become a billionaire first before updating like others have using duplication glitches. It's the only realistic way to become rich in this game unfortunately
@SpaceboyScreams Exactly! Well said. I am enjoying the update tho. I’m actually playing animal crossing again which days something because I was pretty burnt out.
I get invited to friends homes and they won't let me leave. I am stuck there until I restart the game. If there a fix for this or am I supposed to do something to get out of there? Thanks.
Tap here to load 15 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...