Although Splatoon 3 is just around the corner, Nintendo is still committed to providing Splatoon 2 updates.
The latest one - Version 5.5.0 is actually quite a large update. There are changes to multiplayer, including weapon changes and also a number of fixes. There are some "other changes" tied to the previous update, too.
You can see the full patch notes below, courtesy of the game's official Nintendo support page:
Ver. 5.5.0 (Released September 24, 2021)
Changes to Multiplayer
- Specifications for some of the main weapons have changed.
- Tentatek Splattershot
- Kensa Splattershot
- Hero Shot Replica
- Octoshot Replica
- Increased maximum damage that can be dealt from 35.0 to 36.0.
- Slowed damage falloff speed relative to projectile travel time.
- Splat Roller
- Krak-On Splat Roller
- Kensa Splat Roller
- Hero Roller Replica
- Reduced the ink consumption of horizontal and vertical swings by roughly 5%.
- Octobrush Nouveau
- Kensa Octobrush
- Herobrush Replica
- Reduced ink consumption when moving while holding down the ZR Button by roughly 10%.
- Splat Dualies
- Enperry Splat Dualies
- Kensa Splat Dualies
- Hero Dualie Replicas
- Reduced ink consumption of rolling from 9% of the ink tank to 7% of the ink tank.
- .52 Gal
- .52 Gal Deco
- Kensa .52 Gal
- Reduced the radius of turf inked when a shot lands far away by roughly 5%.
- Points required for using specials have changed for some weapons.
Weapon Before After Forge Splattershot Pro 200 190 Luna Blaster 180 170 Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose 190 180 Slosher Deco 220 210 Kensa Splat Dualies 210 200 Splat Brella
Hero Brella Replica
200 190 Kensa .52 Gal 180 190 Custom Jet Squelcher 180 190 Foil Squeezer 190 200 E-liter 4K 180 190 E-liter 4K Scope 180 190
- Fixed an issue in Inkblot Art Academy in which it was possible to enter the opposing team’s base by jumping over certain walls in Turf War, Splat Zones, and Rainmaker.
- Fixed an issue in Skipper Pavilion in which it was possible to enter the opposing team’s base by transferring between certain grates.
- We observed changes after distribution of Ver 5.4.0 and made additional adjustments to slightly lower the fighting power of certain weapons that could hold the battle line from further away.
- Also, we made adjustments to narrow the margins by which certain weapons were strengthened in Ver 5.4.0 while also lowering the frequency at which special weapons can be triggered. At the same time, we expanded weapon choice by increasing the abilities of certain weapons that excel at closer ranges.
- In addition, we reviewed some of the weapons that previously had their capabilities lowered, and as a result we slightly reverted some of the lowered values and made some adjustments to points required for special weapons.
- We will observe the changes after this update and make further adjustments to Splatoon 2 in the future.
- When you download the latest update data, you will no longer be able to communicate in The Shoal with players using older update data.
- This update also includes changes not listed here, such as improvements to the gameplay experience.
- Sufficient space on the internal system memory or a microSD card is required to download the update.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
Have you downloaded this update yet? Noticed anything else? Leave a comment down below.
On the release of Splatoon 3 they should do one last update to Splatoon 2 and make weapons extremely broken like hacker level broken to increase the sales on Splatoon 3 lol
@CodyMKW haha. Careful. You know Activision searches for these ideas often for Call of Duty.
The average player will not notice these balance changes one bit. These nerfs/buffs are very minor.
And still no Option to move the save file from one switch to another same crap like OW. The reason I stopped playing both.
I hope Splatoon3 will have save on the server so I can log on from any switch.
Splatoon 1 could use a final balance patch just for fun. It would also be nice to have like cal multiplayer work with more maps.
Aerosprays still haven't been nerfed. I am sad.
I keep saying I'm going to go back to this game but I don't. I have a ton of hours in both Splatoon games for multiplayer but never beat either of the single players games.
I have spent many hours in Splatoon 2 only to stop. Great game but there were some exploits to get unlimited booster tickets and that kinda ruined it for me.
@CodyMKW Or remove Splatoon 1 from the Wii U eShop lmfao
Tap here to load 9 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...