Last year brought us Red Wings: Aces of the Sky on Switch eShop, an arcade-styled flying game with a big emphasis on dogfights and action. Developer All in! Games has now confirmed a spin-off that's heading to Switch and PC 'soon' - Red Wings: American Aces.
It's not just a shift in location and planes that are the focus of this new entry, but it seems that this arrival will bring quite a lot of additional content and modes. There'll still be a solo campaign with optional co-op, but there'll also be various options for local and online multiplayer.
The PR blurb below summarises the key features:
- Fly online - Test your skills against a max of 9 other players in Last Man Standing, Score Battle, or Time Battle modes or gather your squad of up to 5 pilots and battle other squads in Elimination, Time Team Battle, or Score Team Battle modes
- Fly locally - Play custom games in 3 different modes (Score Battle, Time Battle, and Hide n’ Seek (2 players only)) solo against AI or against another player
- Complete 30 missions in campaign mode - relive the aerial dogfights of WWI and encounter all manner of unexpected challenges (available in local co-op for 1-2 players)
- Upgrade your pilot progression skill tree - develop your pilot skills and rearrange points depending on the mission at hand
- Pilot 15 different warplanes, each with unique skins - stand out in the heat of battle with a plane your enemies won’t soon forget
- Rise to the challenge - be prepared for thunderstorms that blast skill cooldowns, sandstorms that reduce visibility, missions where you’ll only be able to take out enemies with barrel rolls, and more!
It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out; are you interested?