Gamescom Opening Night Live had some rather pleasing high profile reveals for the Switch, though an extremely stylish action title from a solo developer is also worth highlighting. It's Midnight Fight Express, developed by Jacob Dzwinel from Poland - the game's impressive development clearly caught the eye of Humble Games, which is picking up publishing duties.
As you can see in the trailer it's a stylised brawling / action game with an isometric perspective; it's due in Summer 2022 on Switch and assorted platforms. Below is its Steam page description.
Fight your way across the city in a brutal romp that mixes old school brawlers and fast-paced motion-captured combat. Battle across multiple, distinct hand-crafted levels on foot or a variety of vehicles
Master Multiple Combat Systems: Use various weapons, the environment and more to wade through piles of enemies on your way to victory
Accessible but Difficult: Start punching in moments but you need to master your combat skills to conquer seemingly impossible challenges
Become the Ultimate Brawler: Fight. Win. Level up. Unlock cosmetics, new moves, and weapons to aid you in your triumph
Let us know what you think; is this one you'll keep an eye on ahead of its release next year?
Also from Gamescom Opening Night Live:
- Marvel's Midnight Suns Is A Tactics RPG Heading To Switch Next March
- Persona 5's Morgana Is Joining Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Is Now Set For Spring 2022
- April O'Neil Is Playable In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, Now Out 2022
- JUMANJI: The Curse Returns, Based On The Original Movie, Is Heading To Switch