Launching on the Nintendo Switch eShop this Friday is Castle of Pixel Skulls, a retro-style platformer from indie developer Josep Monzonís Hernández and publisher 2Awesome Studio.
The game has you taking on the role of a skeleton who wakes up in a haunted castle. To escape, you'll need to overcome a variety of enemies and traps across 40 levels, all while racing against the clock in what promises to be quite the challenge.
Despite having an easy-to-understand set of controls, it's been billed as a classic arcade-style platformer complete with NES game levels of difficulty. "Everything in this castle is trying to kill you," its official description reads. "Will you have what it takes to survive?"
- 4 different chapters with 10 levels each: a total of 40 levels full of madness and challenges!
- Dangerous traps and enemies: spikes, fireballs, lava, timed platforms, skeletons, and more!
- Timed levels: replay the levels as many times as you want and try to beat your previous score.
- Classic arcade platformer playstyle: old school difficulty of classic NES platform titles.
- Simple and accessible controls.
- Easy to play, hard to master.
Castle of Pixel Skulls will usually be priced at £4.99 / $4.99, but a launch period discount takes 20% off that price for a limited time. If you're liking the sound of this one, make sure to grab it from the eShop this Friday and take advantage of the offer.
What do you think? One for your wishlist? Escape to the comment section below.