It's not even been a year since Ninjala first arrived, and we're already four seasons in for this free-to-play multiplayer game. Utilising a wintery theme these last two months, spring is almost upon us, and on March 24th, Season 5 will be kicking off.
This time around, GungHo Online Entertainment is implementing a "Fairy Tales" theme. That's bringing us new costumes based around characters like Little Red Riding Hood, Puss in Boots, Rapunzel, and more. An online tournament mode is coming too, where players compete in a 12-hour event to win the most ranked battles.
Outside of this, GungHo also announced a "Ninjala Beginners Campaign", which will offer players 1000 Jala for logging in between March 25th until April 14th. Separately, both story packs are getting a 55% discount for a limited time, which normally go for £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99.
You can find the full details within GungHo's latest developer diary, but here's a quick rundown of what else Season 5 will offer:
* “Shinobuzz Paper Fan”, “GR8 Gear”, and “ASAKUSA Wheel” taking existing Gum Weapons and add a new combination of Gum Ninjutsu, Special, and Gum Shoots
* New Shinobi Card “Strike Big” to start the battle with a Big Weapon
* “Online Tournament” mode added; Nisshin’s UFO Yakisoba will be a collaboration for the first tournament
* Can earn a special IPPON Decoration, a limited edition emote, Gumball Machine Coins, and Ninja Medals as prizes in the tournament
* Ninjala Striker is the Season 5 Featured Battle
* This is a mode where players split into two teams of four and attack a giant ball on the stage and hit it toward the enemy goal
* After every Ninjala Striker victory, can win the “Soccer Soldier Cap headgear”
* Other big things planned for Season 5 such as a new in-game event called the “Goemon Matsuri”, another Loot Battle Matsuri, more Ninjala Pass Matsuri, and a big collaboration
Looking forward to Ninjala Season 5? Share your thoughts below.
i kinda dropped out of the game around the beginning of the year, but its still nice to see them constantly build on the game. the rocket league-esque mode looks cool, and we're getting a much needed tutorial mode finally lol
Anyone playing this? Not trying to downtalk the game, just interested.
Never was much into the Lego games. Sadly, Ninjago just isn't for me ☹️
Wait wait wait I'm sorry what? Season 5?! I.....I honestly thought this was still in beta.
Fix your lootboxes already so we (the Netherlands) can play the game also!
Game's still not out in the Netherlands. :/
The fairy tales theme I'm kind of looking forward to. I do enjoy fantasy-themed things, so it could be fun to check out some of those costumes, and maybe pick one out for my character.
It's on Season 5 already?!
It's changing seasons like someone changes clothes
@aetios It will not come to Holland because there are 'gambling aspects' in the game. I bought a copy on play-asia and everything works normal exept for the shop. Its a 'meh' game anyway
I'll play once cosmetics aren't consumables, because why is that even a mechanic
Christ, they're already on Season 5?? It's not a race, guys!
When was Season 1-4?
@fadedcolors - I am, still very active too.
@Ardisan theres been a new season every 3 months since june
@TheBigK wrong franchise. This is ninjala. No lego here.
I am, and I have been since day one.
They kind of fixed it in Season 3 to where if you buy the Ninjala Pass, then the cosmetics won't be consumed for that season.
I believe I've replied to you before in the past, but I never got a response back.
Tap here to load 17 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...