It's not even been a year since Ninjala first arrived, and we're already four seasons in for this free-to-play multiplayer game. Utilising a wintery theme these last two months, spring is almost upon us, and on March 24th, Season 5 will be kicking off.
This time around, GungHo Online Entertainment is implementing a "Fairy Tales" theme. That's bringing us new costumes based around characters like Little Red Riding Hood, Puss in Boots, Rapunzel, and more. An online tournament mode is coming too, where players compete in a 12-hour event to win the most ranked battles.
Outside of this, GungHo also announced a "Ninjala Beginners Campaign", which will offer players 1000 Jala for logging in between March 25th until April 14th. Separately, both story packs are getting a 55% discount for a limited time, which normally go for £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99.
You can find the full details within GungHo's latest developer diary, but here's a quick rundown of what else Season 5 will offer:
* “Shinobuzz Paper Fan”, “GR8 Gear”, and “ASAKUSA Wheel” taking existing Gum Weapons and add a new combination of Gum Ninjutsu, Special, and Gum Shoots
* New Shinobi Card “Strike Big” to start the battle with a Big Weapon
* “Online Tournament” mode added; Nisshin’s UFO Yakisoba will be a collaboration for the first tournament
* Can earn a special IPPON Decoration, a limited edition emote, Gumball Machine Coins, and Ninja Medals as prizes in the tournament
* Ninjala Striker is the Season 5 Featured Battle
* This is a mode where players split into two teams of four and attack a giant ball on the stage and hit it toward the enemy goal
* After every Ninjala Striker victory, can win the “Soccer Soldier Cap headgear”
* Other big things planned for Season 5 such as a new in-game event called the “Goemon Matsuri”, another Loot Battle Matsuri, more Ninjala Pass Matsuri, and a big collaboration
Looking forward to Ninjala Season 5? Share your thoughts below.