Blazing Rangers – or Honō no Rangerman as it is known in Japan – has been developed with mapper0 restrictions in mind, making it akin to some of the earliest releases for Nintendo's 8-bit console. It's a single-screen action game which places you in the role of a firefighter who must rescue kids from burning buildings.
Here are some key points, direct from the PR:
- Exciting & unique fire-fighting gameplay for FC and compatible hardware
- More than 32 challenging levels with many hidden secrets
- A wide array of power-ups and enemies
- Two different game modes with strong changes to the game-play
- 2-player co-operative play, a partner can join the game at any time
- Randomly generated dangers, each play-through will challenge you in new ways
- The game was developed with mapper0 restrictions, which were the earliest cartridges for NES & FC
Blazing Rangers is getting a physical release thanks to First Press Games, which is scheduled for May of this year; the Japanese version, Honō no Rangerman, is scheduled to arrive a month earlier in April, because NES cartridges require different parts to the Famicom ones.
Pre-Orders open from on 30th January at 12:00 (noon) CET / 6:00 AM EST, so be sure to bookmark First Press Games' site if you're interested in securing a copy. The physical game comes in Regular, Collector's Edition or Super Bundle editions, with the latter housing both the Regular and Collector's variants.
The prices are as follows:
JP - 54.99€
EU - 54.99€
US - 54.99€
JP - 79.99€, limited to 500 pieces
EU - 79.99€, limited to 300 pieces
US - 79.99€, limited to 300 pieces
JP - 169.99€, limited to 200 pieces
EU - 169.99€, limited to 100 pieces
US - 169.99€, limited to 100 pieces