2Awesome Studio has revealed that its 2D action-platformer Horned Knight will be launching on Switch later this year.
The game is described as a "challenging 2D action-platformer that pulls no punches", inspired by and trying to recreate the feel of the golden age of arcade games. You're tasked with rewriting destiny as the Hero Knight, overcoming all fears, enemies, and traps along the way with the help of your trusty sword and mysterious Horned helmet.
Here's an official description and feature list:
In Horned Knight, calculated movement and agility is key. One small misstep can lead to your demise through 32 pulse pounding levels, offering various challenges from fireball wielding skeletons to venomous snakes, spike traps, pools of lava, and much more!
Accessible and responsive controls make it easy to jump, air-dash, and slash your way through an area. Master the jumping wall climb technique and timed slashes to ensure your hero saves the greater realm!
- 4 worlds and over 30 levels
- Tons of monsters and bosses to show your might
- Responsive controls: easy to play, hard to master
- Beautifully pixel art animated graphics
- Exciting action gameplay
- Intense boss battles with challenging patterns and epic scale
- 2 difficulty modes appropriate for all types of players―from story and setting lovers to hardcore action enthusiasts
- An amazingly diverse castle to explore with different environments
Horned Knight is aiming for a winter 2020 release on Switch, so make sure to keep an eye out for it on the eShop later this year.
Are you liking the look of this one? Let us know if you'll consider picking the game up with a comment below.