TeamNora Games and publisher HypeTrain Digital have announced that they'll be bringing DeathStick, an upcoming action-platformer, to Nintendo Switch.
The teams describe the game as "a beautiful 2D pixel art Metroidvania/slasher platformer," where players follow the story of a young girl called Mako. She's on a quest to save her world from destruction, and to do that, she'll need to make use of the game's world-switching mechanic.
This ability flips in-game areas 180 degrees, throwing Mako into another dimension. You can see it taking place in the newly-released trailer above, or right here:
Here's a list of key features:
- Fight like an assassin! Slasher fighting mechanics with combos.
- Don't get lost! Explore the world of Aarkalia in two different dimensions.
- Defend against evil forces! Challenge dozens of unique enemies and furious bosses through your adventure.
- Become a master! Evolve and change your playstyle by obtaining a wide range of unique abilities and special attacks.
- Look into it! Charming pixel-art aesthetics combined with smooth animations.
- Find your path! Solve the mystery of the Great Mirror through multiple endings.
We've got quite a wait ahead of us before we can check this one out, as the game isn't planned to launch until Q3 2022. It sounds ages away, but we imagine it'll go quicker than you think.
As ever, feel free to share your early thoughts on this one in the comments below.