Today sees the launch of Unrailed! on Nintendo Switch, a chaotic co-op game that's said to be a true test of friendship.
The game has players working together in either local or online multiplayer with up to four players being supported in total. You're tasked with guiding a train through dangerous, procedurally generated terrain filled with obstacles and local wildlife that will get in your way, all in a bid to safely reach the next station.
Communication and cooperation are key, as you might expect, and you'll need to ensure you always have enough resources to build new tracks, that you stop your train from overheating, and that you can fend off any animals that pester you along the way. Alternatively, you can jump into the Versus mode to play against your friends, rather than alongside them.
Here's a feature list:
- An intense and chaotic railroad construction experience
- Online and local couch co-op multiplayer
- Procedurally generated worlds with different difficulty levels
- Dynamic weather system & day and night cycle
- Game modes: Endless, Quick (up to 4 players) and Versus (2 vs 2 players)
- Distinct biomes (5+)
- A bunch of upgradable wagons (10+) to modify your train in Endless mode
- Unlockable characters
- A replay system
- Simple controls & split controller mode
- Blocky to the core
You can see more of the game's action in this Switch-specific trailer below.
You'll find it waiting for you on the eShop for $19.99 / £15.99, and there's also a free demo if you'd like to try before you buy.
Let us know if you plan on checking this one out with a friend or two in the comments below.