The schedule for Tokyo Game Show 2020 has been announced, with a host of big name publishers filling the slots of this year's online event which will be kicked off by, of all things, an Xbox showcase.
The event was cancelled for obvious pandemic-related reasons back in May, but as with many other gaming events this summer, an online livestreamed replacement is ready to go from September 24th - 27th and the Computer Entertainment Association (CESA) has now revealed the full lineup of publishers scheduled for the four-day event.
Here's the timetable (thanks to Gematsu), with an image at the very bottom:
Tokyo Game Show 2020 Livestream Schedule and Lineup
Note: all times below are Japan Standard Time (subtract 7 hours for CET, 8 hours for BST, 13 hours for EST, and 16 hours for PT).
- Block 1
- 20:00 – Opening
- 21:00 – Xbox Tokyo Game Show Showcase 2020 (YouTube) – The Xbox Tokyo Game Show Showcase is a place where everyone can have fun.
- 22:00 – Square Enix (YouTube)
- 23:00 – Lightning Games (YouTube) – Three brand new indie titles presented by Lightning Games: Hardcore Mecha, HAAK, and ANNO: Mutationem. Don’t miss out on the freshest game development story and latest gameplay demonstration!
- Block 1
- 11:00 – Organizer’s Program
- 12:00 – Gamera Game Now! Tokyo Game Show Special (YouTube) – Debuting to the world from China! Delivering interesting and innovative indie games. Check out the latest releases from Gamera Game.
- 13:00 – Huawei Technologies Japan App Gallery (YouTube)
- 14:00 – Renaissance High School Group (YouTube) – Renaissance High School Group eSports course introduces our activities in eSports as a high school, such as the significance of learning eSports for high school students, and the daily lives of eSports courses’ students. In this program, our students will have a talk with “Tanukana” and play an exhibition match with “Dogura,” both are professional eSports players at CYCLOPS athlete gaming. In addition, we will announce new initiatives of promoting eSports in the junior and senior high school age groups.
- 15:00 – SoftBank (YouTube)
- 16:00 – Lilith Games: AFK Arena x Rise of Kingdoms TGS Special Official Live Stream (YouTube) – Lillith Games will introduce AFK Arena, Rise of Kingdoms, and the latest game information!
- 17:00 – BenQ Japan: New Brand Presentation (YouTube) – BenQ, the leading global display brand, will debut a new gaming product series at the show!
- 18:00 – DMM Games New Title Presentation (YouTube) – We will be announcing a lot of game title information which will release from DMM Games, as well as a lot of brand new announcements coming during Tokyo Game Show Online!
- 19:00 – Keynote
- 20:00 – Sega / Atlus TV (YouTube) – Check out Sega / Atlus’ lineup featuring existing and upcoming titles releasing this fall. Don’t miss the special Sega 60th anniversary event and other live stream broadcasts featuring various guest personalities as we bring you the latest information, including an overview of our Tokyo Game Show exhibit!
- 21:00 – GungHo Online Entertainment Tokyo Game Show Official Live Stream (YouTube)
- 22:00 – Capcom Special Program (YouTube) – Watch out for the Capcom Special Program, to be live streamed as part of TGS 2020 Online! Reveals and latest game updates are planned for titles such as Resident Evil Village and more!
- 23:00 – Mouse Computer (YouTube)
- 24:00 – Efun New Title Information Live Stream (YouTube) – The latest information on Illusion Connect, Stella Chronicle, and two games expected to be launched next year by Efun.
- 25:00 – Fujitsu Connected Technologies (YouTube) – An eSports variety program delievered using arrows 5G mobile technology.
- Block 2
- 17:00 to 19:00 – Sense of Wonder Night 2020
- Block 3
- 23:00 to 26:00 – eSports X: Street Fighter League: Pro-JP 2020 Part 1: Opener
- Block 1
- 10:00 – Organizer’s Program
- 11:00 – D3 Publisher: Save the Square Earth! Earth Defense Force: World Brothers TGS 2020 Live Stream (YouTube) – Introduce “Earth Defense Force: World Brothers” in the program.
- 12:00 – Happinet (YouTube) – Happinet plans to release information on a variety of new titles that Happinet will be responsible for selling in Japan. We are planning a variety of programs such as introduction of unreleased information, video clips and gameplay videos.
- 14:00 – Spike Chunsoft: Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire (YouTube)
- 15:00 – Level-5 Special Meeting (YouTube) – Introducing the latest information on Level-5.
- 17:00 – GREE Animation Game Show 2020 (YouTube)
- 18:00 – Cygames: TGS 2020 Special Sneak Peek Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle (YouTube) – Tune in for a sneak peek at Cygames’ upcoming title, Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle, coming exclusively to Switch. Special guests from the game’s cast will be joining us in bringing you the latest previews and more for this highly anticipated release!
- 19:00 – Japan Game Awards 2020: Day 1
- 20:00 – Konami Info Show (YouTube) – Tune in for the latest Konami news and updates!
- 21:00 – Koei Tecmo Games: TGS 2020 Special Program: Two Key Titles (YouTube) – First half: The first live stream for Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy, , the first game in the Atelier series where the main character continues her journey! Second half: To be announced at a later date.
- 23:00 – I-O Data Device (YouTube) – I-O Data Device supports gameplay, practice, and streaming on a variety of devices. Here are some products that help gamers update their games just a little bit more.
- 24:00 – Tencent Games (YouTube)
- Block 2
- 13:00 to 13:30 – Japan Game Awards 2020: Amateur Division
- Block 3
- 18:00 to 21:00 – eSports X: Puzzle & Dragons Champions Cup TGS 2020 Online
- 21:00 to 24:00 – eSports X: Magic: The Gathering Arena Saturday Night’s Emergency Magic: The Gathering Agenda: “The First Modern Trading Card Game with VTuber Nijisanji / Pro Gamers”
- Block 1
- 10:00 – Organizer’s Program (YouTube)
- 11:00 – Linekong (YouTube) – Introduction to Ys series development history and connections; Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana smartphone game latest information; and give the latest version a try!
- 12:00 – Japan Electronics College (YouTube) – Introducing student works from the three game departments!
- 13:00 – Aqua (YouTube)
- 14:00 – AKRacing (YouTube)
- 15:00 – Koei Tecmo Games: Dynasty Warriors 20th Anniversary Live Stream (YouTube) – Conversations reflecting on the series’ trajectory, special plans to celebrate this milestone, the announcement of two new Dynasty Warriors series titles, and more!
- 16:00 – Konami: Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa Heisei Reiwa mo Teiban! (YouTube) – A special show featuring the latest Momotaro Dentetsu game, Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa Heisei Reiwa mo Teiban!
- 17:00 – Bandai Namco Entertainment: Sword Art Online and Scarlet Nexus Special Program (YouTube)
- 19:00 – Japan Game Awards 2020: Day 2
- 20:00 – KLab Games: Bleach: Brave Souls Bankai Live (YouTube) – Bleach: Brave Souls Bankai Live is coming to TGS 2020 Online! This program will have interactive elements like Co-Op Quests where viewers can play with the guests as well as all the latest Brave Souls news.
- 21:00 – miHoYo: Genshin Impact Pre-Launch Live Stream (YouTube) – A special program for TGS 2020 Online! On September 28, miHoYo will launch its new game Genshin Impact.
- 22:00 – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Japan eSports Conference 2020 (YouTube) – PUBG Corporation would like to display the development of eSports history in Japan, as well as the future initiatives. In addition, a custom match will be implemented to commemorate the conference.
- 24:00 – Ending
- Block 2
- 13:00 to 15:00 – Japan Game Awards 2020: U18 Division
- Block 3
- 19:00 to 22:00 – eSports X: Red Bull Untapped Japan Qualifier by Magic: The Gathering Arena
If you work better with images, here's all that info on a handy chart:
Obviously, Nintendo is missing from the lineup, but Switch is sure to feature in a substantial way in between the big Microsoft and Sony-related announcements. We're only a couple of months away from an entirely new console generation, so it's little surprise that Microsoft would be pushing hard in a territory it has traditionally had a very tough time in.
However, with Switch selling absolute gangbusters right now, there will definitely be some juicy morsels for Nintendo fans to enjoy, so keep 'em peeled at the end of the month. The event kicks off on 24th September, and you can be sure we'll be covering all the big announcements.
Will you be setting your alarm to catch any of the slots above in the TGS 2020 livestream? Let us know which ones tickle your fancy below.
First! Also, super excited for what Atlus might bring to the table. Who knows, we could have a Persona 6 game 0.o
Going to be quite the event. Interested at the mention of two Dynasty Warriors games.
Watch people saying P5 is coming to Switch, only to be let down by themselves.
Nothing much for me, Atlus will inevitably disappoint but I’m looking forward to seeing more of Resi 8.
I'll definitely check out the Square Enix event.
Sega's and Capcom's events could be fun as well.
Give us Dragon Quest X in the West you cowards.
@BrintaPap this time is coming for switch do you have a problem with that?
Probably not gonna happen, but I'd love to see SEGA port Sonic Colors and Generations to Switch, and for Square Enix to port the Kingdom Hearts series and a slew of Dragon Quest games like they did with Final Fantasy. Those are all games I missed out on and would love to finally get to try them on modern hardware.
@MeowMeowKins I believe its most likely more news about shin megami tensei 5 or 3 remaster. But one can hope.
Something to look forward to, still keeping expectations in check though.
@JokerCK “this time is coming for switch”
What is coming for Switch? If you mean Persona 5 then I don’t really care lol, the more people can enjoy a game the better.
I was referring to the fact that Nintendo fanboys tend to believe way too much nonsense based on thin air.
This entire show interests me, but I personally want to see more about project athia from the PlayStation showcase, but since it has project in the name, I don't think that's going to happen
XBox? What the heck?
@Friendly they got square Enix to give them DQ 11 s, so they're really trying.
Hoping for announcements on the final season of Street Fighter V.
@GilbertXI true .
Honestly, other than patriotism, I do not know why Xbox doesn’t land in Japan. At least the upcoming one.
I’m very tempted to get the series X for all 3d party stuff. Probably thé way to go, especially when you include XCloud / Gamepass in the land of the portables.
Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.
I'd love to see a new ace attorney game be announced - it's been four years since the last one and no news since then! It's highly unlikely, but that won't stop me getting my hopes up!
Will wait for any surprise announcements. Keeping my expectations in check, however.
@BranJ0 For whatever reason, I still haven’t played Spirit of Justice but I agree, there needs to be Ace Attorney on Switch. Unfortunately it’ll be drip-fed ports before they ever get round to a new game, look at every other similar series.
I really want Dance Dance Revolution got console release again from Konami.
I really want to play one of this DDR A20 song on console.
@Friendly I prefer to own my games and physical, also I like the ips of Sony, so I'm going ps5.
But for one thing, it's the size of the Xbox that people in Japan don't like. Not necessarily a problem anymore, but they had to reduce the size of the controller on the original Xbox. And first person shooters are not really popular there at all. Xbox is clearly trying to do better in Japan, but they just don't like the exclusives they offer. They might as well get the third party games on PlayStation. Also most people underestimate how much Japan likes handhelds, but xcloud could help with that.
Of course all the good announcements come while I'm gonna be stuck in class... figures.
Now that's a game show lineup!
I've never really followed TGS much before, so it's a bit jarring to see that it's kind of a mix of gaming and CES-like hardware and "big tech" type vendors, but still, better than anything else we've had all year.
TGS with no Nintendo, it looks like no Sony(?), but headlined by XBox is quite a shock though...
The only announcment program that grabs me so far. I hope SEGA to return to its former glory by their surprises.
I want a new Sonic Adventure-esque game with new characters.
@nessisonett Give it a go when you get the chance! It's one of my favourites in the whole series! But yes, unfortunately, Capcom are most likely to lazily port over every game beforehand. They've surprised me before though, so still holding out a small bit of hope!
While the others enjoy the party, Nintendo owners hope for some left over morsels. And with a bit of luck they may even be juicy morsels. 😬
Kingdom Hearts Saga for Switch, Persona 5 Royal for Switch, Bravely Default 2 release date, Monster Hunter for Switch.
That's what I want to see xD
Dark Souls 2 port, I hope?
Wah Atlus is there. Hope we get Persona 6 PS5 announcement alongside SMTV.
Capcom Arcade Stadium confirmed for Switch
No SNK on the list, when is King of Fighters XV Gonna make an appearance?
@MeowMeowKins imagine saying first
@RPGamer I want square to bring Kingdom Hearts story so far. But more importantly instead of the overrated Persona 5, Atlus should bring the chad Persona 4 Gold
@BishopShiozawa i wonder if we will see a new empires game. While DW9 was....divisive to say the least i am interested to see how the open world aspect would translate into an empires game. would be cool for example to see custom characters hanging out in towns.
@RPGamer I have no reason why I like physical over digital, I'll choose physical any day, but I don't bother hunting down all the Indies from limited run and things.
A remastered ace attorney collection would be nice, and maybe the rumoured new monster hunter game for switch could be shown, that would be great.
@PickledKong64 imagine writing a response to that because you were butthurt about it.
@GilbertXI I know, I know. But Persona 6!
@zool What party? Sony fans get to sign up for a creepy pre-preorder that handpicks based on unknown criteria who gets to spend an unknown amount of money on a console of unspecified features to buy a dolled up PS4 DLC and maybe or maybe not one or two other games. XBox fans get to hear about a console without a price or definitive feature set with no specific games, but get to buy Monster Energy drinks promoting a game that doesn't actually exist and probably won't for another year. And Nintendo fans get to buy a WiiU game again.
2020 gaming is one big happy trip to the sewage treatment plant.
@nessisonett Atlus will inevitably disappoint! What? Atlus' games always receive high critical acclaim and develop a devoted fanbase. Why do you think they'll drop the bomb on this one?
@MeowMeowKins Because Atlus never deliver the news anybody wants. I love Atlus’ games but their business decisions are just plain strange.
Its kinda sad that Nintendo is skipping all these shows.
Fans: Persona 5 on Switch!
Persona 4 on Switch!
New Devil Summoner!?
New Devil Survivor!?
Atlus: Persona 3 Dress Up Designer for PS Vita!
Atelier Ryza 2! cant wait!
Hope we get more news on SMT V
Really hoping Tokyo Game Show makes up for the disappointing gaming events that took place this summer. It would be nice to finally get an western release date for Persona 5 Scramble or Persona 4 Golden Switch announcement. Atlus might end up just showing more gameplay for 13 Sentinel or Shin Megami Tensei V instead.
Well I'll watch to see what is announced and be on the look out for any Switch and PS4 games. I just got my PS4 July 30th so I got alot of catching up to do and I'm gonna wait and get the PS5 later on probably after a year or so since its release. I'm hoping for a good show and excited to see what will be announced.
@NEStalgia well my plan A is to buy a Switch Pro, or what ever they decide to call it, before Easter next year. Otherwise .......
......Plan B is to buy a 'dolled up PS4' called the PS5 and use the Switch as my handheld device
replacing my 3ds.
Smt 5 gameplay please atlus
@NEStalgia the problem isn't Atlus... but some fans delusional expectations regarding these events. They expect way too much, just to end up disappointed. And then... whine about it.
Honestly, instead of wasting staff and resources porting old ass games into other platforms, right now Atlus should be focusing and working on the next Persona entry and, if possible, a brand new IP. That's all I want from them at this point...
All I need is SMT V gameplay.
It's not the same without the cosplays D:
But I hope there will be some surprises for Nintendo. Sometimes, there are one or two impressive announcements on TGS.
It's surprising Xbox is the only brand of the three that will have a noticeable participation here, hopefully they're making sure the new console will have better luck in Japan than the Xbox One. Have they forgotten what kind of exclusives made the Xbox 360 popular there?
Oh, and let's see more on Shin Megami Tensei, please!
@NEStalgia you're not wrong, but your CLEARLY not a fan if you can say that without sobbing. Also, I'm not too interested in Switch port, more likely to get PC port. Just give me Persona 6 and make a new Best Girl!
@nessisonett well, your not wrong...
"The event was cancelled for obvious pandemic-related reasons back in May,"
^I had found the word "obvious" to had been unnecessary for this part of the article.
Really don't care about Sony or MS anymore. I'll wait for a summary of what Nintendo related announcements come from this. I play on PC or Switch. Pretty much solidly not buying a PS5 or XboxX.
@Mgalens That does sound interesting. At least 9 has more going for it than 2 years ago.
TGS should hopefully be pretty interesting, between Capcom, Square Enix, Spike Chunsoft and Happinet. Maybe some strange new Sonic game announced by Sega? Definitely curious about all the unannounced games in those schedule slots.
@RPGamer dude I really want godm and persona 3 on switch. Persona 5 would be cool but we should get the chad games
I really hope a new Ace Attorney game is announced. It's my favorite Capcom franchise.
Is it just me or is Age of Calamity not on that list? It's not even on the Koei Tecmo list.
I really want some Ace Attorney news, but I'm not getting my hopes up to much.
Tap here to load 63 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...