Independent studio Mommy's Best Games has announced plans to launch remasters of three of its games on Switch and other current platforms.
The first of these will be Shoot 1UP DX, an award-winning shmup which allows players to play all of their ships at the same time, rather than hoarding each 1UP. "I’m very proud of the innovation the original Shoot 1UP brought to shoot-em up genre, and excited to re-release a Deluxe Version to modern consoles," says Mommy’s Best Games lead designer and co-owner Nathan Fouts.
The game will boast two new levels, new bosses, and more "weird" enemies, meaning that even those who have played the game before will have something new to tuck into.
Following on from that, fresh releases of two more shmups from the studio, Explosionade and Weapon of Choice, will also be getting the remaster treatment.
Here's a list of key features for the first of the trio, Shoot 1UP DX:
Key Features for Shoot 1UP DX
- 1UPs instantly enter the action!
- Command up to 30 ships at the same time!
- 2 player local co-op play for 60 simultaneous player ship insanity!
- Contract your phalanx to dodge enemy fire, expand your ships to fire the PLASMA AUGER!
- Weapons upgrade as you collect more ships (And they downgrade when you lose them so stay sharp!)
- Sacrifice ships for a BULLET-VAPORIZING BOMB which increases in power the more ships you've collected!
- Hardcore? Crank up the difficulty and gameplay speed for THUMB-TWISTING maneuvers!
- Classic shmup design - 8 levels of alien-fighting action, ready for you to get your revenge!
- Deluxe Version includes 2 brand new levels, a dozen NEW ENEMIES, bosses, and more!
Shoot 1UP DX will launch first on Switch on 15th October, with releases on other platforms to follow. It'll cost $5.99 on the Switch eShop.
If you're looking for even more shmups, make sure to check out our list of the very best available on Switch.