A new update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has been rolled out. Most notably it adds a small version of the Battlefield stage. You can find out more about it in our other post. You can now listen to all of the game's music on the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination stages as well.
In addition to this, adjustments have been made to the game's online experience. According to the director, Masahiro Sakurai, there are some improvements to the 1v1 online experience. Several other issues have been fixed to improve the overall gameplay experience. Below are the full patch notes, courtesy of the Nintendo support page:
Ver. 8.1.0 (Released August 4, 2020)
- The Small Battlefield stage has been added. You can also set Small Battlefield as a Preferred Rule in Online battles.
- You can now select any stage-specific music for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination stages.
- The online user experience has been adjusted.
- The way matching is determined when using Preferred Rules has been adjusted.
- Following a look at the current number of players eligible for Elite Smash, the threshold for entry has been recalculated to allow more players. Additionally, the way initial values for Global Smash Power are calculated has also been adjusted.
- Further investigations and adjustments to Online mode are expected.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Have you downloaded the latest update yet? Notice anything else? Leave a comment down below.