Earlier today, we reported that Animal Crossing: New Horizons has sold an absolutely staggering 22 million copies in just over three months. That's all well and good, but how does that compare to Nintendo's other major Switch releases?
As part of its three-months earnings release, Nintendo has updated its official sales figures for Switch's best-sellers. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still number one, but its previously giant lead has been significantly reduced thanks to Animal Crossing, which is now already the second-best-selling Switch game of all time.
You can see the full top ten below (bear in mind that the data only references Nintendo-published titles).
Top Ten Best-Selling Nintendo Switch Games (as of 30th June 2020):
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 26.74 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 22.40 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 19.99 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 18.60 million
- Pokémon Sword and Shield - 18.22 million
- Super Mario Odyssey - 18.06 million
- Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! - 12.20 million
- Super Mario Party - 10.94 million
- Splatoon 2 - 10.71 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 7.44 million
The numbers above are worldwide sales and include retail, digital, and copies bundled with hardware all combined. Nintendo has also revealed that Switch hardware lifetime sales have now reached more than 61 million units, equalling the NES.
Any surprises in that top ten? Feel free to share your thoughts below.