Natsume Inc. and indie developer Lucid Dreams Studio have shared a selection of new screenshots and story details for Legends of Ethernal, a 2D action-adventure game heading to Switch this fall.
We'll kick things off with the new story info. Below, you'll learn about the game's protagonist, Wilfred, as well as the world of Arkanys, where the game's set. You'll be travelling through Arkanys' hand-crafted environments, solving puzzles and battling creatures along the way with new powers and weapons you unlock.
It was a lazy summer day like any other for Wilfred... However, after returning home, he finds his house ransacked, and his parents gone... Who or what has taken them? And to where? Wilfred puts his fears aside and sets off on an adventure to find them, an adventure that will span the entire world of Arkanys.
Arkanys is a land of many creatures: the majestic Jarkens, birthed from the sap of Mehdhun Tree, often live as long as a millennium. The Brüwigs: An amphibious folk who are skilled swimmers with strong lungs. Their sturdy lungs are likely a reason for their favored weapons: blowguns, with which they can use to fire darts over long distances. The haunting Dakrei: An omnivorous, venomous insect-like race with a huge queen as their leader. Wilfred will come face to face with these creatures -- and more -- in the world of Legends of Ethernal. But who is friend? And who is foe? All shall be revealed in time...
Liking the sound of that? Then feast your eyes on these new screenshots:
That's not all, though, because we also have a feature list for you:
- Enjoy mechanics that unlock with weapons and items that you find.
- Solve puzzles and unleash your fighting tactics against boss battles in multiple dungeons.
- Gather ethers and use items during the course of your journey to help you progress through the game.
- Admire beautiful 2D hand-drawn art covering multiple environments, scaling up to a resolution of 4K on supported platforms.
- Experience a compelling and linear storyline with great characters.
- Listen to the wonderfully crafted score; produced and recorded by veteran musician William Gough.
- Try the Hardcore Mode for an intense experience or enable the Relaxed Mode to help you or your little one complete the game.
As noted above, the game's launching on Switch this fall. Lucid Dreams Studio founder and CEO Maxime Gregoire says that it "tells a compelling story that immerses the player in Arkanys through Wilfred's courageous adventure".