Here at Nintendo Life we've been anticipating the release of zany physics-based battler Fight Crab for a while now - over two years, in fact. Today publisher and developer Mastiff and partner Calappa Games have announced that the 3D crustacean-based scrapper will be arriving on Switch eShop on 15th September in North America, Europe, and Australia.
The announcement comes with a new preview trailer which you can enjoy above. If you've forgotten the general premise of this crazy crab battler, it involves taking control of a crab and engaging in deadly combat against other creatures using a variety of weaponry, including a whip sword, nunchaku, an axe gun, a chainsaw, and even lightsabers (sorry, "Beam Sabers").
Allow us to refresh your memory with details and some key features from the PR blurb and a few screenshots:
- Claw through 7 Tutorial stages and a Campaign Mode with 34 stages spread out across 7 chapters
- 23 types of playable crab, 48 different weapons, and 11 unique battle arenas
- A variety of matchmaking options including 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, and both offline and online co-op and versus battle modes
- Unlock special Skills like the fabled Kanihameha, the devastating Crab Copter, and more
- Level up your crab, recruit new crabs, and purchase deadly new weapons – build the ultimate crab warrior
- Use the Nintendo Switch Joy-Con™ motion controls to freely manipulate limbs to punch, grab, and flip your way to victory
- Use Photo Mode to capture, share, and immortalize epic confrontations and intense battles
No word on pricing just yet, but we'll update this article when we hear how much this delicious crab meat will cost.
Looking forward to unleashing some massive damage as ol' Snipper here? Let us know below.