Following on from the release of Super Mega Baseball 2 last July, Metalhead Software has now announced the third entry in the series – Super Mega Baseball 3 – for the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam. It will include cross-play support, be priced at for $44.99 USD (or the regional equivalent), and will arrive at some point in April.
This new entry will have the "deepest on-field simulation" yet, comprehensive online and offline modes – including a new franchise mode, along with vastly refined graphics. There's also a revamped UI, new audio, new team/character content, and stadiums with variable lighting conditions. All of it is backed by the same easy-to-learn gameplay.
Here's what the Metalhead co-founder had to say about the new game:
This is the most well-rounded experience we've put together yet with a lot of content and a good variety of modes that cover single player and online gameplay. We've kept it simple-one purchase gets you the whole package and there are no in-game purchases.
Below is the official announcement trailer and a list of major features:
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pick-off and base stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents.
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode.
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends.
Will you be adding this game to your Switch library? Leave a comment down below.