WayForward has revealed that Shantae and the Seven Sirens, the fifth entry in the Shantae series, will launch on Nintendo Switch on 28th May.
The expansive quest, which contains new locales, friends, enemies, and transformations, is expected to launch for $29.99. It's said to be packed with "multiple towns and more labyrinths than ever before", combining the most popular elements from past Shantae titles into the Half-Genie hero's "biggest outing to date". Ooer.
A new trailer has been released, which you can watch up above, and we also have a description and feature list straight from WayForward itself. Check it out.
The excitement begins when Shantae visits a tropical paradise where she befriends new Half-Genie allies, but things quickly go awry as she discovers that sinister secrets are stirring beneath the island's surface! As Shantae gets wrapped up in the island's mysteries, she'll use all-new dance abilities and instant-transformation Fusion Magic to explore the nonlinear, interconnected world and battle an assortment of diabolical foes...not the least of which are the enigmatic Seven Sirens!
- Traverse an expansive, interconnected world above and below the sea!
- Use Fusion Magic to change instantly between all-new creature forms!
- Belly dance to activate machinery, restore health, and more!
- New characters and returning favorites like Rottytops, Sky, Bolo, and the nefarious Risky Boots!
- Gorgeously animated TV-style cutscenes!
- Collect and power up with Monster Cards!
- Enjoy minigames, acquire magic and items, and uncover secrets!
- 4K-resolution hand-painted visuals on PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Mac, and PC!
If you happen to be playing the game already on Apple Arcade, a new update has been released for the platform bringing new environments, dungeons, and abilities, as well as enhancements such as new fully animated cutscenes, upgraded character portrait artwork, an improved map, and more.
If you're waiting to play the game on Switch, you'll be pleased to know that both digital and physical versions are in the works, with a collector's edition for "some platforms" being readied by Limited Run Games. More details on that are expected at a later date.
Excited for this one? Let us know if you'll be keeping an eye out for more on the game with a comment below.