Launching next week on Nintendo Switch is Bucket Knight, a run-and-gun platformer featuring familiar retro vibes.
The game has players helping a brave knight in his mission to find the Holy Grail - and make a load of money while doing it. You'll be exploring dungeons and avoiding traps, all while trying to stay alive and get rich.
It actually released on Steam back in September last year but appears to have flown under the radar for the most part. Here's a feature list:
- Explore dangerous dungeons filled with traps, treasures and... food?
- Various enemies that will try to shoot you, stab you, explode you or will try to be your friend... nevermind, just shoot at them
- Multiple weapons for every honourable knight taste
- Deadly traps that you never want to put at your home (but maybe at your ex-home)
- Gold, gems and treasures
- There is no text in the game and the story is told through visuals
It's set to launch on Switch on 28th February and will be available for $4.99.
We've had retro-style platformers in the form of Shovel Knight and now Bucket Knight on Switch, so what's next? Hammer Knight? Lawnmower Knight? Perhaps a Cheese Grater Knight? The possibilities are endless.